PDA

View Full Version : Medela Quick Clean Wipes recall?

proggoddess
10-21-2004, 07:15 PM
I went to BRU to buy some, but the manager said that Medela asked that they all be returned. The wipes are also not listed on the BRU or Medela website anymore.

I can't find any info on why they were recalled. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!

calebsmama03
10-21-2004, 07:18 PM
It was a silly labeling issue. Nothing to do with the safety of the product at all, just packaging per FDA regulations :( I read that it will be 6-9 MONTHS before they get back out on the market! In the interim, the micro-steam sterilizer bags are what Medela is recommending. I used them and they work great!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Momof3Labs
10-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Hmmm, does that mean that I should sell my secret stash on eBay for big bucks???

cara1
10-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I hadn't heard of these. What were they?

proggoddess
10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
You have a secret stash? Wish I had done that! Ah well, I have access to water and soap, but it's just darned inconvenient.

The wipes are anti-bacterial and they are used to clean off the pump parts after use. They were also really good at cleaning off a swing and Exersaucer I received second-hand from friends.

6-8 months to re-do the packaging. Yeesh. I assume they need the new "Drug Facts" type label? I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a safety concern that pulled these things from the shelves.

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
I bought several packages when Zany Brainy was closing down and had them on clearance, even though we were past the pumping stage. Figured that I would save them for #2!

calebsmama03
10-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Yup - it's the "drug facts" info since they're "antibacterial".

Lori - you could probably make HUGE money selling those things! There's a clammoring for them amongst lactation circles - patients begging LC's to sell what they have rather then return to the mfr!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Momof3Labs
10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Hmmm... we're not even pg yet, so I can always buy more by the time I need them... Our Disney trip could use some financial backing!