PDA

View Full Version : solid foods

tere
10-22-2004, 07:29 PM
I tried to feed my DD applesauce today and she made an awful face with each scoop! She loves her oatmeal! I am curious to know what others started with.

KrisM
10-22-2004, 08:19 PM
We've only done oatmeal, but I wouldn't stop just because she made a face at the applesauce. It tastes different than the oatmeal, so she's not expecting it. If she didn't like it, I don't think she'd open her mouth for more.

sntm
10-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Yes, they make terrible faces, mostly just in reaction to something new and different! As long as she opens her mouth for it, I would consider her as liking it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 16 months and counting

psophia17
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
We did bananas, applesauce (unsweetened), pureed carrots, pureed asparagus, melon, and anything that seemed like it would puree pretty well.

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

jacksmomtobe
10-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I started with Sweet Potatoes then went on to bananas, carrots, avocado, squash and pears waiting 4 days between each new introduction. DS often made funny faces when something new was introduced but ate what was offered. The only thing that didn't seem to agree with him was carrots which seemed to give him gas. A Mom in my Moms group mentioned that she tried making homemade applesauce for her baby and the baby didn't like it though the baby liked it from a jar. I think as long as they eat it regardless of their facial expression they are ok with it.

Good Luck!

ErinMC
10-26-2004, 11:14 PM
We started with rice cereal, then bananas and applesauce, then switched to oatmeal instead of rice cereal.

Have you tried to mix some oatmeal in with the applesauce? That might help. As long as she's eating it though, I wouldn't worry. She's probably just trying to figure out the new taste.