PDA

View Full Version : night feedings and pacifier

tere
10-24-2004, 12:39 PM
My DD is still waking up frequently and at first we thought it was because she was hungry so we fed her but it turns out she only wants to suck on something. Needless to say we have tried every pacifier possible- Avent, Gerber, MAM, and the countless orthopedic shaped nipples. As a shock we were administering her meds one day with a medicine pacifier and she fell right asleep with this. The shape of it is the same as her bottle nipple. The problem is it has a hole in it for the liquid to pass through, which causes air. Does anyone know of a pacificer that is shaped like the Vent Air nipple or any bottle nipple? If not can you offer any other suggestions. IT really is not a hunger issue!

tarahsolazy
10-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Soothies are silicone pacis shaped like boring ol' bottle nipples, no fancy orthodontic business
http://www.soothie-pacifier.com/

safarimom
11-03-2004, 08:37 AM
FYI, I found the Soothie pacifiers at Walmart that come 2 per package for around $3. They are marked Walmart's store brand, Parents Choice, on the package, but say Soothie on the actual pacifier.

sarah0518
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
It isn't shaped like the bottle nipple, but my ds loves the pacifers by "First Years". They usually have Pooh on them and are latex. He refuses anything else, especially the orthodontic shapes.