PDA

View Full Version : sippy cups disasters! (well, not really...)

almostmom
10-26-2004, 12:16 PM
DS has been using sippy cups on and off for awhile now, and as we get ready to transition away from a bottle to sippy cups exclusively, I bought another package of take and toss sippys. Unfortunately, these seem to be different than the last package, and the liquid comes pouring out of them if turned the wrong way! has this happened to anyone else? i know there has been lots of threads on the best sippy cups, but what types do you suggest that are affordable and good? and at a year, can i start using the ones with the stoppers?

thanks!!!!

trentsmom
10-26-2004, 10:03 PM
I haven't had any trouble with the take and toss sippys, but I haven't bought any in a while, either. I really like the Playtex sippy cups. When DS was first learning how to use them, I didn't use the valve. Now that he knows how they work, I use the valve. I think he's used the valve for a few months now. It might be different for your DS since he uses a bottle. My DS is BF.

Here's a coupon your print yourself for $1 off: http://cgi.playtexbaby.com/playtexbaby/playtexbaby.html

Raidra
10-27-2004, 03:23 AM
I just bought a package of Take and Toss sippies today, but haven't tried them yet. That's what we've been using and generally like them. We also have a Gerber sippie and I think an Evenflo one. I also bought a two pack of the First Years (that's what company makes Take and Toss, right?) sippies that are spill-proof (but no valve) and have a cover to go over the spout. So far they seem alright, but we've only used it once.

I use the regular Take and Toss sippies around the house, but use the spill-proof ones when we go out. I just don't like having to clean the valves. :)