PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Bottles Warm While Out?

remcd88
10-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi!
My ds is just over 7wks old. I am always out & about w/dds #1 & #2. I've been putting really hot water in the bottle and using a koozie to try and keep it warm. I can't seem to find a small sized insulated cooler for the bottles. I looked at the Dex travel warmers and they seem really flimsy.Also, I got this awesome deal at target for formula (similic big can of powder & 1 qt liquid) for just over $19 and I want to use the liquid but need to keep it warm to have ready if I am out.

What does every one else do?

Thanks for the input!

Rebecca :)

Gabrielle 8/99
Hillary 5/01
Jonathan 9/04 Just over 7 weeks old!

KrisM
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Well, we BF, but do the occassional bottle, even when out. My son seems fine with having it at room temperature. We just use fresh milk and bring that in the bottle. Would room temperature work for formula?

Momof3Labs
10-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Try putting hot water in a thermos and mixing the bottle when you need it. You might want to bring a bottle of room temp water, too, so that you can mix the two waters to get the right temp.

remcd88
10-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi! The thermos idea is great! Now I just need to get my new T&L diaper bag in so I can fit all my stuff!

Rebecca :)

emilye
10-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Rebecca,

I am in the same boat. My 10 week old son was taking it at room temp so I was using the ready to feed cans when out ... but now that it is chillier in NJ my bag in the car/mall does not stay as warm and the formula from the can is cold. I tried cold, but he spits it out and the warm helps stimulate bm for him which is sometimes hard. That's how I started warming in the first place. I just bought at Walmart a car bottle warmer. Pumpkin picking this weekend was not good when Anthony would not take the bottle. We ended up at a burger king warming it in a cup. So I'll let you know how it works when I get to try it this weekend.

I like the thermous idea too, only I usually have my bottles made in advance ... I'm a clutz and make a mess when I try mixing in the car. Maybe I could put the warm formula in the thermous than just pour it into the bottle. It's worth a try if this car warmer is a bust. By the way, it was only $8!

Emily
Anthony 8/19/04

hellosmiletoday
10-28-2004, 02:31 PM
If you are going to a restaurant, they will provide you a cup of hot water (normally used for tea), which is what I use to warm up frozen or refrigerated EBM. In other occasions, we've used running hot water from bathroom (if we are lucky and the restroom actually has hot water). Otherwise I nurse in a fitting room or inside the car.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04