PDA

View Full Version : Condensation in PIS tubing

Elilly
10-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I've been pumping after BFing in the AM to build up my stash for when I go back to work next month. Lately, I've noticed some condensation in the tubing. Is that normal? There is not so much that it gets even a 1/3 of the way down the tubing but just to be safe I thought I should ask since it is a borrowed pump. Thanks!

sdbc
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
The instruction manual says to run the pump with just the tubing attached for a few extra minutes after pumping to dry it out when you get condensation. I do it--it only takes a couple of minutes. I usually do it while rinsing the horns.

tny915
10-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Another thing you can do that I picked up on these boards is to stand in the center of the room and lasso the tubing around and around over your head. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it works, and it's kinda fun. My problem was I didn't always let my pump parts dry completely before pumping again, so I got water suctioned up through the tubing and just running the motor wasn't enough to dry it out. So I would lasso the tubing over my head, then run the motor and voila, dry tubing!

octmom
10-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Defn. keep running the pump with the tubes attached and swing them around like a lasso to get the last drops. If you seach this forum, you'll find a query from me a couple of months ago on the same subject. I actually got mildew in one of my tubes and I ended up buying new ones when I couldn't get it cleaned out. Now I run the pump and do the lasso swing every time and I haven't had any problems.

HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Elilly
10-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I know that my pump parts aren't 100% dry when I use them again so I'm sure that is the problem.