PDA

View Full Version : Organic Baby Food Jars

patricksmom
10-29-2004, 01:04 PM
I am sorry if this has been covered lots of times before. I tried to search a little. I am going to try and make as much of baby food as possible...but I know there are going to be times when it will be easier to just open a jar. I would love to use an organic jar food. I know Earth's Best is a great one but the only place I found it was at Whole Foods about 30 mins from my house (if you know anywhere else let me know).
How do other organic jars compare to Earth's Best...such as Tender Harvest? Are there any others that might be easy to find? What is your favorite brand? Is there one that is better than the other?

We are starting solids today....wish us luck!!!

Thank you to anyone who responds,

Shannon

chicagojo
10-29-2004, 01:25 PM
We've been using Tender Harvest b/c of the same issue - Earth's Best was just too hard to find close to home. We've been happy w/the Tender Harvest, but our local store carries a pretty limited selection of flavors. If you go to the Earth's Best website, they do have a directory of all stores nationwide that carry their food. Maybe you will be able to find someplace closer to you. Amazon.com also has a new health & beauty "beta" store that sells another brand of organic baby food but I can't remember what it's called. Delivery to your dooor couldn't be more convenient, though!

ellies mom
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Sometimes a grocery store will put the organic baby food in the natural foods aisles. Ours put them in both the baby aisle and natural foods aisle.

icunurse
10-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I found Earth's Best in the natural/organic food section of my local grocery store - Dominick's. I was also able to find it at a nearby healthfood store. This may sound crazy, but the way I see it is that my son isn't going to stop eating solids any time soon, so I grabbed any coupons I could find (lots very cheap on ebay) and bought at least 3 of every type of E.B. that was at the store. That way, I didn't have to make lots of trips for baby food.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

vdrake71
10-29-2004, 03:47 PM
I am using both Earth Best and Tender Harvest. Tender Harvest is so easy to find in my area (Walmart, Target, Grocery Store), but I have to drive 45 minutes for Earth Best. I have my MIL go shopping for Earth Best once a month and then I use Tender Harvest when I need something immediately. My DS prefers them both, but I have never tasted them. Also, it is nice to have both since each of them have different flavors.