PDA

View Full Version : sippy cup attachments for avent bottles?

sdbc
10-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know were to find just the handle and spout to attach to the bottles. I would like to introduce Rory to the sippy, but heard the magic cups leak.

Thanks!

Sue

ellies mom
10-29-2004, 02:33 PM
We got ours at BRU. I think we had to get a bottle to get a handle, but you can buy the spouts separate. We haven't had any problems with them leaking.

sdbc
10-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks Veronica. It figures they won't let you just buy all the parts you need separately...

Sue

deborah_r
10-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I really thought I bought spouts separately and handels separately. I think it was at Baby Depot. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it...

asha
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I bought just the handles from TRU. They are sold separately. I am not using the handles at all, never used them. DS likes it better without them. Now we are on Nuby sippies and he loves them. If you live in the sanjose area, feel free to pick it up from me. Work has been crazy these days. I really dont get a chance to go out and mail it. Otherwise, I would hv mailed it to you.
~Asha
DS: Akshay 11/14/03
1st b'day in two weeks :)

sdbc
10-29-2004, 06:08 PM
I am going to try baby depot! Thanks! I know they have the spouts there, not sure about handles.

hellosmiletoday
10-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I havent transitioned to sippy cups yet, but I purchased the handles and spouts seperately at BRU with coupon. I also got the magic cups. Where did you hear they leaked?

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

sdbc
10-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi Asha, Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near San Jose--we're in NC. Thank you though. :) How are you liking the nubys?

To the pp about magic cups: It was somewhere on this board that I read that the magic cups leaked but the sippy attached to the bottles didn't. It was just one or two posters, so I'm not sure it's wide-spread. One of my friends said the same, though. Plus, of course, I have soooooooooooooooooo many bottles.

Sue

asha
11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Hi Sue,
THe nuby sippys have been great. DS loves them. Infact, with the Avent bottles, he does not hold the bottles and feed himself. Nuby bottles are narrow in the middle, perfect for little hands to hold them. He loves it and they are cheap, so I love it too :)
Kinda hard to find though. Target seems to be out of stock most of the times. Walmart is too far.
~Asha

sdbc
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi Asha,

I saw some Nubys at Target the other night. I will have to pick one up to try out. we're going to introduce sippies in just a couple of weeks.

It seems like a shame to let all the avent bottles go to waste, but a whole Nuby setup is cheaper than buying the avent attachments!!!!!!

Sue