PDA

View Full Version : Formula pitcher

kellyroo3
11-20-2004, 11:40 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows about a formula pitcher. I went to a baby shower recently and I didn't get a chance to look who manufactured it but I think it would be so handy to make a batch of formula at one time and pour it out as I needed. I know she was registered at Babies R Us and Target but I can't seem to find anything about it on their web sites. Thanks for any info.

Marisa6826
11-20-2004, 09:19 PM
We have them, but they're packed away at the moment. They really aren't necessary in the very beginning as you don't make enough formula for the paddles to work properly (you can only make enough for 48 hours or it goes bad).

They were our saving grace as Sophie got older though. We got both of ours at Buy Buy Baby. And no, they aren't on their website.

-m

SeekerMage
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I know that pampered chef has a pitcher with a pump part in the top that I have heard people loving for using with formula. I know it comes in two sizes. HTHs

HeatherW
11-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Also, to add on a cheaper note, rubbermaid and walmart brand makes them.. they are on the shelves with the regular pitchers....you just have to look for the stirring wheel that is inside.

HoneymoonBaby
11-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Wait a moniute -- I thought that once you made formula, it had to be used within about an hour?

Marisa6826
11-22-2004, 08:43 AM
No - that's only if it's unrefrigerated.

If you keep it cold, it's good for 48 hrs. Read the can ;)

-m

steph2003
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Second vote for Pampered Chef one - love that thing!!! I think it is called Mix & Stir pitcher or something like that. They probably have it on their website.

vikivoly
11-22-2004, 06:11 PM
I know BRU has them. I'm not sure of the brand. At the B&M store they keep them with the dishwasher baskets, formula holders and bottle racks.

FWIW, I just use a Rubbermaid container with a small whisk from Pampered Chef.

kellyroo3
11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the information. I didn't even really think about the Pampered Chef pitcher-I actually received one as a wedding present and haven't used it yet. I appreciate everyones help.