PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain questions for an 11 month old....

jerseygirl07067
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
DD was initially 6 lbs 14 oz at birth and was gaining 2-3 pounds per month until about the six month mark. From her 6 month appt to her 9 month appt, she only gained one pound, which I assumed was her gain just slowing down.

DD has had a cold the past few days with some chest congestion so we took her to the doctor today. She is actually 11 months as of yesterday. She's been eating the same and I have not noticed any loss in appetite whatsoever. If anything it's increased a bit. Well when they weighed her, she actually has lost a full pound!! She weighs the same now as she did at her six month appt.

Everything else seems fine, she doesn't seem to be excessively hungry or fussy. The doctor's office didn't seem worried about it, but I'm not sure if it's because they were more concerned with the illness today, vs. a well baby visit (which she'll have in another month) She's definitely still on the charts, which I don't pay that much attention to, but as for her normal pattern so far, this doesn't seem right...

What do you think?

Marcy
baby #2 EDD 5/25/2005

jerseygirl07067
11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
bumping up...

Momof3Labs
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I had a baby with a weird weight gain pattern, and found that you really can't judge their weight when they've been sick. So I'd suggest that you forget about this data point and see where she's at in a month.

Is she meeting her milestones? Is she happy and satisfied? Wetting and dirtying diapers? Does she get plenty of formula (should be upwards of 90% of her diet up to a year)? Colin's weight gain slowed down a fair amount when he was eating lots of fruits and veggies. When we added cheese and yogurt (higher fat, higher calorie alternatives), his weight gain improved again.

Vajrastorm
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
We didn't lose weight, but from 10 months to 13 months my dd didn't gain anything, when she had been growing like a weed before.

If she is happy and meeting her milestones, I wouldn't worry much.