PDA

View Full Version : How much BM should DC be drinking at 8 months?

missmelis01
11-25-2004, 01:29 AM
I know that during the first year, solids are really for practice and that DS should be getting most nutrients and vitamins from BM.

Before eating solids, DS was drinking 32 oz of BM per day. After solids, he now will only drink about 15 oz per day, and on most days it's a struggle to get him to drink that much.

DS is eating 3 meals a day (the lunch meal is really just a small snack). I have asked my mom, who watches DS while I am work, to space out solid meals, as well as cut down what he is eating, so he isn't too full for BM. But I still don't know how much BM DS should be drinking now that he is regularling eating solids.

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving! :-)

tarahsolazy
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Is he still nursing when you are home? I would think that 15oz, plus a few from the tap sessions a day, is fine at his age. As long as his dipes are nice and wet. When I was working, Fory at 15 oz a day in 8-9hrs, then nursed about 4 times. He was 6-7 mo old. Now, he nurses 5-6 times in 24hrs, and eats solids 1-3 times a day.

missmelis01
11-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Yes, he still nurses when I am at home. But because I don't get home from work until 6:15-6:30, and Lucas is in his crib by 8:00, he only nurses twice in the evening.

He still has plenty of wet diapers -- I am mainly concerned with making sure he is getting enough vitamins and nutrients.

Thanks so much for your reply!