PDA

View Full Version : TMI - Is it possible that my **** have gotten bigger?

McQ
12-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Okay this is really TMI but...I think my nipples have gotten bigger. I say this because when I go to pump now my left nipple has a hard time fitting into the chamber of the horn. It kind of bulbs up and I have to really adjust to get it right. It's freaking me out. Does this sound right?

Breastfedding is going so well right now I'm so worried about ripping it open or doing something to damage it. I thought about getting bigger horns. Any other advice?

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

sntm
12-01-2004, 03:05 PM
(Giggle) -- I absolutely think it is possible. I had very flat nipple when I started breastfeeding and I could outrival the MTV hip-hop video girls with my nipples now.

If you have an LC near you who sells pump parts, might be worth a trip. YOu could describe to her/show her and see if she thinks you would need bigger horns. I do have to "aim" them to get them in right, but it's never been a problem for me getting them to fit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 17 months and counting

Marisa6826
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Yup totally possible.

They grow and get darker so that a newborn can see it better with their poor eyesight at first.

The LC warned me that despite my flat nipples, with continued, um, use, they would get bigger as well. Well, it's about time they caught up to the rest of the boobs :P.

You can get different sized horns either from a local LC or online at someplace like birthandbaby.com. I was really upset to see that Medela doesn't sell their own stuff on their website. I think that I even saw different sized stuff at BRU and Buy Buy Baby.

Good luck.

-m

trentsmom
12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
I ended up with really large nipples. One of the reasons I don't want to BF in public is because they don't all fit in DS's mouth. When I was pumping, I had to get bigger horns. I used the Medela personal fit system. My LC had the different sizes of horns so I could figure out what size I needed.

psophia17
12-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Everything I had got bigger, my nipples started out small and then got gigantic by my standards. My biggest in public BF issue was the size and color of my aerolas. They turned quite dark for a very fair skinned person, and were as big as saucers. Now that I've weaned, everything is getting smaller. The nipples are about halfway between their biggest and smallest, and the aerolas are shrinking, too, but not as fast.

HTH :)