PDA

View Full Version : What can I do, Sydney stands by anyone eating like a puppy dog

TraciG
12-02-2004, 03:17 PM
It's ridiculous, I have to wait until she naps so I can eat or I have to give her some of what i'm eating, I will only give her tiny bites but when we're with family I feel like she eats dinner twice sometimes, that's if she eats before everyone else, when we all sit down she wants to eat again, now I do try to feed her those times later with everyone else but it doesn't always work out, for Thanksgiving my mother had junk food out on the coffee table in th efamily room, well that's where Sydney was all day, what do u do about this ????????????

I can say I am lucky that she loves almost everything !

She is 13 months

Momof3Labs
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
When Colin was "begging" like this, I took it to mean that he was ready to be eating with everyone else, and eating the food that was being served. So we adjusted our schedule so that we would all eat together and the "begging" subsided tremendously.

So, when you get together with family, wait and feed her when everyone is eating. If that's too long for her to wait for her meal, give her a little snack beforehand to hold her over until dinner rather than a full meal. Rather than eating while she is napping, sit down to meals together. If you are having a sandwich, make her a small sandwich of her own. Or give her a small bowl of whatever you are having.

For T'giving, your best bet would have been to keep her out of that room or ask to have the food moved to "higher ground". Or just shrug and tell yourself, oh well, it's a holiday - let her eat what she wants (with consideration for choking hazards, at her age) and tomorrow we'll go back to our meal plan.

ALLEYCAT
12-02-2004, 04:12 PM
We have a little begger also but only when he is hungry. If he has had a meal, when he gets out of high chair he will go play but if he is hungry still he will beg. I prefere him to eat with us so he can try everything and usually he does enjoy it. Especially if he can feed himself ie fingerfoods. He always get to finish off a meal with a cracker or cheerios or raisins. He really enjoys that.

TraciG
12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks for your replies, yeah I think it's best if she eats with us Friday nights or with the whole family, at home we eat after she's in bed, cooking when she's awake NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a little hard since Friday nights the family eats so late, around 8, past her bedtime, it's her late night though ( no other choice !! )