PDA

View Full Version : nursing to nap

ceng
12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
hi! I am going back to work in Jan. I have finally got my daughter on bottles during the time when I will be gone. The next issue is naps. She soothes herself by nursing to fall asleep. She has fallen asleep with my mom and my in laws when they babysat occasionally. How do you break this habit or do I even have to? I will BF when I am home with her in the morning and evenings.

Puddy73
12-04-2004, 11:51 AM
I don't think that you need to worry about breaking this habit. Your DD has already shown that she can fall asleep without nursing, and it will be nice for you to be able to nurse her to sleep on those days when you are home. I did this with my DD after I went to work and she adjusted fine. I think that when I wasn't around she just didn't expect to be nursed to sleep. HTH!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

missmelis01
12-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I was worried about the same dilemma, but it turned out to be a non-issue with us. My mom watches DS while I am at work, and he goes down for a nap just fine without nursing. But on the week-ends, I still nurse him to sleep -- it's our special time together!

Best wishes with the transition.

hez
12-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Ditto the other posters. DS naps just fine after he reads a book with the sitter, or with DH (if I'm not around). Whenever I'm home, however he still prefers to nurse to nap, and I enjoy it, too! It's a great cuddle time for the two of us. Good luck come January-- there're quite a few WOHM moms around here who can help with any other support you need.

ceng
12-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much! I was hoping that would be the advice! I do enjoy this time with my DD. I definitely will need support in January. I have been dreading returning to work! I will misss her so much and I am so upset thinking that our relationship is going to change.