PDA

View Full Version : Need some additional input, DH doesn't care

bethie_73
07-29-2006, 04:01 PM
So my in laws are coming next week. (I love them they are really great people and Grandparents). DS is their first Grandchild so when they visit I really try to let them do as much as they want with him.

That said, I have an issue with excess lipase in my BM (for those of you who don't know, this causes the BM to have a soapy taste). Normally I get bottles ready for their trip, but my last batch of frozen BM was all ruined and I don't have a stash now.

My Question do I:

1. Pump some bottles while they are here and they can give DS immediately.

2. Start up another stash so I don't need to pump constantly while they are here.

This lipase thing is killing me because I really can't go anywhere too long. It's such a hassle to prepare the milk for storage.

jillc
07-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I had the excess lipase issue, too, so I feel your pain! I had about a 24 hour window where pumped milk would stay drinkable. I would pump a bottle every morning incase we needed one w/in the next 24 hrs.

I did have a small stash of frozen scalded milk, but it still wasn't the greatest. I pretty much had to mix 1/2 frozen scalded with 1/2 freshly pumped to get a bottle that DD would accept.

If I were in your situation, I'd just pump while the IL's are there & let them each give a bottle each day if they're really wanting to do so. This way, you're only having to pump twice each day. Not a huge hassle.

Hope you guys have a good visit.
Jill

nfowife
07-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Will you be home with them? I am just wondering why you can't let them play and spend time with your DS, and when it's time for him to eat, just nurse him directly (from what I understand the lipase issue isn't a worry if you nurse directly?). My inlaws are also wonderful and adore my DD (first grandbaby). They never had an issue with me nursing when DD was hungry in regards to taking her away from them. But then again I never pumped a bottle for my DD at all so it wasn't a possibility.