PDA

View Full Version : Normal? Baby wakes up screaming to eat!

MNmomtobe
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
DD is 8 weeks old and eats about every 3 hours. I can usually get to her before she is full-fledged crying. The past few days she will go from being asleep to waking up suddenly screaming so loud I'm sure the neighbors down the street could hear. Diapers have been changed, she is not hot or cold, but the screaming will continue until she gets her bottle. I have usually had a few minutes before she went from mild crying to well, louder crying. Not anymore. Seems like it is urgent all of a sudden.
She does have reflux but has never done this before. Is this anything to be concerned about?

AmyZ
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
My DD did that all the time. It was like she couldn't even wait one second to eat! It got better after a few months... maybe someone else has other ideas for you.

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

kimbe
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
DD did the same thing. She was very calm the first few weeks and did all the text book rooting signs --- always got to her before she cried. Then it stopped! It made NIP a nightmare. I was totally willing to NIP, but DD made it hard since she gave me no notice and would scream so that everyone in a 10 mile radius would be staring at us!

I wouldn't be concerned! Hang in there though...the neighbors will get used to it!!! :)

BaileyBea
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
DS did the same thing. They taught us in Breastfeeding class about ques babies give when they are hungry. Never seen those cues. Only heard the screams.

It's normal. Nothing to worry about. It slowly went away on its own before he turned 1 year old.

MNmomtobe
08-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Thank you all for your responses. It has given this new mom some relief! :)