PDA

View Full Version : I've been searching for old posts but no luck so far

bethie_73
08-02-2006, 09:49 PM
so I know this had to have been asked at some time.

When did you start DC on self-feeding/table food and what kinds? He Loves BF, tolerates baby food, and craves table food. He is so young (I think) he is almost 6m, but he is over 19lbs and 28.5 inches.

When we were on vacation I would need to get salads with cucumber scrape out the seeds and let him suck on them or he would scream (don't flame please, it was all I could think of to keep him calm).

Just trying to compare since his 6m appt isn't for 3 weeks

o_mom
08-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Around 7 mos when we started solids. He never would take anything off a spoon, so we went straight to table foods.

kimbe
08-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Same thing here. Nothing off a spoon and straight to table foods. DD showed little interest in solids until she was about 11 months.

jgriffin
08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
We started E with finger foods (ie non-pureed foods) around 8mo. We tried earlier with tiny pieces of banana (since he loved eating banana in the mesh feeder), but he gagged and threw up. We started with the Gerber puff-thingies (technical term), because they are big enough to pick up easily, and dissolve quickly. We moved to O's and pieces of banana within a week or so.

>When we were on vacation I would need to get salads with
>cucumber scrape out the seeds and let him suck on them or he
>would scream (don't flame please, it was all I could think of
>to keep him calm).
>
No flaming here! Soon after E started eating solid food we were out at lunch with no baby food with us (hadn't gotten in that habit yet). As soon as our plates were set down, he lunged forward in his highchair and tried to get to our food! We placated him by giving him small sips of French onion soup. Not really a good first-food. :)