PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop waking DC to eat? DD has reflux too

MNmomtobe
08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Some days DD barely sleeps so I when she actually falls asleep for several hours (sometimes 4 hours of sleep and about 5 hrs since last feeding) I let her. In those instances if it is time for her to eat, I just let her sleep. She typically eats every 3 hours during the day and then seems to take a long nap starting about 8 p.m. or so. Then when she wakes, I'm doing the every 3 hr feeding again. I'm wondering if I'm setting her up to be a night owl. Is it better to wake her every 3 hrs during the day?
With her reflux issues, she does not nap well at all on certain days. BTW she is almost 10 weeks old.

ETA: Oh another thing I was wondering re: feeding at daycares. I was looking at our daycare's "infant schedule". DD starts when she is 12 weeks old. They seem to have a schedule of when they eat, are read stories, playtime, etc. Does that mean that the infants are all on the same eating schedule? How would this ever work?

smiles33
08-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't have much advice to offer, but wanted to chime in that I'm facing the same challenge and hoping someone can help both of us. DD is asleep now, at 9 pm, and hasn't nursed since 4 pm. 5 hours is a long time for us, unusual really, but she didn't sleep well during the day today because we had workmen in and out installing AC. I also usually let her sleep instead of waking her, but it throws her whole sleep/nursing cycle off. There have been 2 days this past week where she had a long 6 hour stretch at night, but she's usually up every 3-4 hours. Who knows what kind of night we'll have tonight?

As far as daycare, DD is 12 weeks now and will start daycare when she's 15 weeks, but I have no idea how they're going to deal with her since she is not on a schedule at all.

Anyhow, like I said, just wanted to say I'm in the same boat (although she doesn't have reflux). Good luck!