PDA

View Full Version : recurrent milk blister

MonicaH
08-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I have been having a recurrent milk blister, 3 times in the past 2 weeks now. It's in the same spot each time. I have been able to resolve it with hot compresses and nursing, but is there anything I can do to prevent it? I've read the info on kellymom, but I can't figure out what's causing it so not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Monica

melbb
08-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I think this happens when most of the skin that caused the milk blister is not removed. That allows it to grow back over. The only thing you can do in that case is go to your doctor and have them cut off the excess skin. Good luck, I know how those things can hurt!!

wencit
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I struggled with this same problem a couple months ago. The only thing I can suggest is to be very vigilant about nursing on that side as much as possible. Like the PP said, your skin keeps growing over the pore, so you want to keep it from having a chance to grow. The other thing I did was to make sure I didn't pull the breast away from DS before he was good and done. Sometimes I could see milk still coming to the surface of the nipple, so I would put DS back on the breast. We haven't had any issues since (knock on wood).