PDA

View Full Version : Leaking sippy cups... any advice?

cmonbaby
08-24-2006, 02:36 PM
DS has used many different sippy cups and he has recently taken to the Playtex with handles much better than others. The only problem is that if it tips over, eventually milk leaks from around the rim.

This is the first time I've used a "valve" cup so maybe I'm doing something wrong??? I've checked the tightness on the cup to make sure it wasn't too loose or even too tight.

Any advice or maybe which handled cups your DC liked best?

TIA,

becca13
08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
DD likes the Nuby handled sippy cup. It does not seem to leak and has a soft spout, also no traditional valve. I also have a Nuby hard plastic handled cup from WalMart that was really inexpensive. DD loves it but the valve is not very good. HTH.

Bec

table4three
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
We had that problem with those too. I've had a lot of luck with the playtex ones with no handles. We've tried everything, and now are using these exclusively. We never did find a handled cup that worked well for us.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

Drag0nflygirl
08-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I have two of the playtex cups and haven't had the problem you're talking about. Cara does well with them. Have you checked the valve to make sure it isn't loose? They do sell replacements.
My friends DD does well with the Avent handled sippy.

sophiesmom
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
I've always had good luck with Gerber sippys, from the handled ones to regular ones. They have the white hard plastic valve. They don't seem to leak for me.
HTH!