PDA

View Full Version : Which sippy cup to use

newmomma902
09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
My DS just turned one and I'm trying to wean him fron the bottle to a sippy. I've used the Gerber one with the handles, the Advent Sippy Spout (both the hard one and the soft one), and the Nuby sippy cup 10oz. He chews on the Gerber one and both the Advent Spouts. The Nuby one works sometimes but I think he gets tired of sucking half way through and refuses to drink anymore and I know he's thirsty. Does anyone have any suggestions on any other sippy cup I should buy??

Thanks,
Shana

jgriffin
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
We just got E to start using sippy cups exclusively. After some trial-and-error, we are now using the Playtex sippies for daycare and daytrips, and take-n-toss sippies for at home.

We had been using the Avent sippies, but he slowly stopped liking them and demanded a bottle more and more frequently. We tried the take-n-toss, which he liked, but they were a pain to transport places, and he sometimes rejected them. I finally went to BRU and bought 3 or 4 different kinds, figuring we'd try each one until we found one E would use. We lucked out, since the Playtex was the first one we opened. But maybe he would have liked any of them, hard to say. :)

Good luck!

Jen

JBaxter
09-11-2006, 06:52 AM
I "think" I may have one of every sippy made. Nathan liked the avent white spout, nubie and straw cups. He will be 3 in November and all we use now is the take n toss straw cups.

newmomma902
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks...We've decided to try and go "cold turkey" and give him the Nuby Sippy exclusively.