PDA

View Full Version : Quick! I need some help!

tarynsmum
09-15-2006, 07:09 AM
DD cut her first tooth a couple weeks ago, and she bit me on Tuesday (that's right, about 4 days ago). My poornipple has hurt ever since, to thte point that last night/this morning (her last feed on that side was at 2 AM) I had to take her off the breast because it hurt so much. I'm talking SEARING pain, like someone is trying to pierce my nipple (I have nevere had my nipples pierced, but this has honestly got to be close). I don't think it's infectd or anything, it "looks" normal, IYNWIM. Even putting on a bra this morning was painful.

Is there anything I can do? I have a little bit of PurLan left (I've been using it to lanolize my wool, since I never had to use it for my boobs, lol), but I really hate the sticky feeling that it leaves. I'm even pondering only feeding DD from the other side today and just trying to pump the hurt breast: but would that hurt worse? Any suggestions?

mommyoftwo
09-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Oh man, I totally know what you are going through. Linnea has done that to me several times now. I would cry in pain as she nursed. It took forever for my nipple to heal each time it happened. Pumping seemed to help a little for me. I did try to nurse her on the other side as often as I could while still keeping up my supply on the injured side. I was told to use lanolin but honestly never did because that meant I had to use a nursing pad which I never do because I don't leak. One thing that does help are the ameda comfortgels. They are similar to soothies, but made with a different material and work MUCH better IMO. I'm so sorry you are going through this because I know how incredibly painful it is.