PDA

View Full Version : difference between the 250 and the 300+ versions of the PIS models??

lizajane
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
asking for my sister and her working friend. anyone know what the differences are? is one better? any other thoughts? or is there something shiny and new they should know about that i don't know about? i was at home, so i only used an isis. thanks!!

pb&j
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Do you mean the PIS and the PISA? If so, I'd recommend the PIS (the cheaper one). It has manual controls for suction and speed, which allows you to fine tune better than the one control that the PISA has. The PIS doesn't have the auto-letdown feature, but I never let down when the pump thought I should, so I had to manually switch it over anyway. I *think* the PIS may not be available with the backpack, but the pump can be removed from the carrying bag, and put in any bag you want. HTH!

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

dawell0
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I have the PIS Advanced (retail about $300-$330) and wish that I had gotten the PIS original (retail about $250-$300) because of the ability to adjust the speed manually--mine is automatic. I often have to turn off and on my PISA because I don't let down when they expect me to either. I also second the PP about the case as it is very small and can be put into any backpack, etc.

BTW, you can get it cheaper online at some medical supply outlets than what you see retail. It will save about $100 or more to do that. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where I got it from, but I had great service and a great price (around $200 with free standard shipping for the PISA) and got it within a few days from the store that many of the people recommended.