PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Breastflow bottles?

Heddywill
03-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I plan to breastfeed when by baby is born, but I'm looking forward to when I need to go back to work. I've seen the Breastflow bottles at a local store & was wondering what other breastfeeders thought of them regarding transitioning between breast and bottle.

Thanks!

JenDC
03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
That's the bottle that worked best for us after dd rejected the Avent. Personally, I'd start with a less expensive bottle than that. We only tried that one after we were having problems- but I think your best bet is to buy one or two bottles that are more boob-like-- I've actually heard it is good to pick the one that most resembles your own nipples. That being said, I noticed that when dd would drink from the BreastFlow, she did suck with the same motion as with nursing.

Jen
mom to Shoshana 3.29.06

MartiesMom2B
03-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Mei has now started to reject our Avent and Playtex drop in bottles in favor of the Breastflow. The nipple of the breastflow is shorter so it doesn't gag her like the other bottles did. I really do notice that she drinks from it just like she does when she nurses. I got a free one from a goody bag that I got at Motherhood Maternity and I decided to buy more of them. I like them.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie & Mei

jyllebean
03-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Our dd did not like the breastflow bottles, although I read great reviews about them from other people. We got ours free as well from mimi maternity. She will take the Dr. Brown's wide mouth bottle. The breastflow seemed to be too hard for her to get milk out of, even harder than my breast... but I'm sure everyone is different. We like Dr. Brown's and I have also heard good things about playtex nursers. But like pp said, just buy 1 at a time to see what works and doesn't. Good luck!

doberbrat
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
they dont fit onto my pumps but other than that they're great. DD's latch gets sloppy when she uses medela/nuk nipples and these keep it great.

and she took them when she woudlnt take the avent bottles.