PDA

View Full Version : Pump and Bottle Help!

momtobe2007
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
A couple of questions!!

1. Do any of you use the Playtex Embrace Double Petite Electric pump? Reviews on it?

2. Which bottle(s) would you choose: Dr. Brown's, Playtex VentAire, Avent or Breastflow?

I'm planning on breastfeeding, but would like to have a pump and bottles so that dh can feed too. Anyone find that one type of bottle/nipple is really similar to the breast nipple? All the company's claim to have the best natural nipple to avoid confusion, but you just never know.

thanks!

luvsviola
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
1. Nope. Sorry. I rented an Ameda Elite for the first month and LOVED it. Totally worth the $$ IMO. It has a smoother pump cycle and was a lot more comfortable. I would have kept renting, but I work in two different schools and it was too large to lug anound. I bought an Ameda Purely Yours. I like that it is little and easy to transport, but it is loud and the pump cycle is a lot more abrupt. If I had it to do over, I would buy the Lansinoh one at Target (Its the same Ameda pump but a different color) since it is cheaper and I would just buy my own bag. I had issues with the first PY the first weekend I had it and the hospital gift store won't swap out the pumps or take them back. They told me it was a health risk--ummmm, the pump doesn't touch the milk... But Target will take anything back if you have the receipt.

2. We use Dr. Browns. They are awesome. It fits the Purely Yours pump and you can pump straight into the bottle if you want. I just stick all the parts in the a dishwasher bottle basket. Those that complain about them being hard to wash apparently didn't use wash them this way, I guess. The nipple is always full of milk and we don't have any gas issues. My SIL works in a daycare center infant room and told me they are the best. DD never blinked an eye at it not being breast shaped. I think that if you introduce it early enough, the baby could care less. We had to supplement from the first week and I only every offered her the one kind of bottle. She doesn't know any different and nurses just fine.

klwa
03-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Can't help with that pump. We used the Pump in Style. (Borrowed it from my SIL. Shh. Don't tell!)

We used the Playtex VentAire wide mouth, and never had a single problem. DS took to them right away, and we had no problems switching back and forth.

KrisM
03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
1. Nope. I used Avent isis.

2. With DS we used Avent bottles with no problems. Tried them for DD and she hated them. We have Playtex VentAire for her. Don't buy too many of one kind.