PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a weird question...

LarsMal
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Do/did you have let-down pain in your armpit? I know that there is breast tissue in that area, and I have had problems for the past couple years (from end of pregnancy with DS until now) with a knot that comes and goes. When I'm full it sometimes bothers me, and now when I have let-down during most feedings it really hurts! Sometimes after feedings it kind of throbs a little, too.

I've talked to my OB about it, but she didn't seem concerned. I also had an ultrasound on it when DS was a couple weeks old, but that was over a year and a half ago now. Has anyone else experienced this? Just not sure if I should freak out or if it's normal.

Thanks!

ett
03-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I do get a slight pain near my armpit when I have a letdown. Though your pain sounds a lot worse. If your OB wasn't concerned then I'm guessing it's normal. Sorry I'm not more help.

missym
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I often get a nagging, mild pain in a specific spot in my armpit when I have letdown. It does sound like yours is worse, though. I'd mention it to your OB again - maybe ask for another U/S when the knot is there? It's probably normal for you, but it can't hurt to be vigilant.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

** Want to discuss political/social issues with other parents? Join the Purple Project! Send an email to: [email protected] **

maestramommy
03-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't have a pain in my armpit, but milk would leak out of ducts that apparently were in my armpit. I was totally revolted the first time I saw milk just squeezing out!

I did however, get a big pain right in my sternum during letdowns. This only lasted a couple of months though.

janeybwild
03-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Right before my due date on both of the last pg I go a huge lump/ swelling in my right armpit, way up high more toward the inside of my arm. They said it was breast tissue changes which suprised me that there was breast tissue way up there. Ultrasounds both times confirmed it, and it went away about 1 month pp when milk production stabilized. So I could totally understand pain there on let down although I never had that.

LarsMal
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
That sounds a lot like mine. About a week before I had DS (which was two weeks early) I had swelling in my armpit- the knot was very visible. It went away much earlier with DS, though, once my milk stabilized (like yours). It did the same thing right before I had DD (again 2 weeks early). The swelling has gone down, but the discomfort has stuck around longer.

Just glad to hear others have had something similar. Guess I'll give it another week or so and then get it checked out if it's not better.

Thanks!