PDA

View Full Version : WHich is the best manual and best electric breast pump?

parfait
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I have seen a few and am confused,
Among these which ones the best:
Medela manual breast pump
The first years Natural Transitions manual breast pump
Avent naturally - ISIS manual
The first years Natural transitions - Electric/single battery

And among the electric which one

Would appreciate some input from Experienced moms here
Thanks in Advance

Sam

parfait
03-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone?
Any input ?
please!

Momof3Labs
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
The Isis never worked well for me, but it is popular with many moms here. The Medela Harmony gets good reviews, too.

For electrics, I really like the Medela PIS and the Ameda Purely Yours almost equally.

jgriffin
03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Of the ones you listed, I have only used the Medela Harmony (their manual pump), but I liked it a lot. I also used a Medela PISA (at work) and liked it, although the PIS probably would have been just fine and saved me some money.

I tried Medela's electric/battery operated pump, and thought it sucked (and not in a good way!) It wasn't any more efficient than the Harmony (possibly less), and it hurt to use.

Are you planning on pumping a lot (say, at work), or just for the occasional bottle? If you plan to do a lot of pumping, I highly recommend a double pump (so you're pumping both sides at once). For occasional use, a manual is probably sufficient. I had both because I didn't want to use my PISA at home before going to work (too noisy, too much of a pain to set up). Also, having a manual pump is nice for an evening out away from the baby (rare, but a treat!)

HTH!

Jen

merianne16
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I use the Avent Isis manual pump and I love it! I haven't used any of the others you listed.

corinabian
03-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I have an Avent ISis IQ DUO, electric. I LOVE IT!!! IT does all I hoped it would, and it does it faster and quieter then I ever thought. So when I wanted to get a manual pump to use when I just needed a quick pump without an electical outlet I bought the Avent Isis manual pump. I have had that for a week now and I love it. The massage cushion on all the Avent pumps are great for comfort. And what really impressed me was the customer service at AVENT! I can call and get an answer about anything, including the best way to clean and how to get replacement or extra parts (which they will send to you if you want, for pretty cheap!) With the electic pump i get 6-7oz in about 9-10 minutes with the manual I get about 4 oz in 6 minutes or so! They are easy to clean! the Electric pump has a great setup cause your milk never goes into the tubing so there is no reason to clean it...unlike the MEdela. And You get to set the pumping speed and force, instead of a machine doing it!
I can't say enough about avent products I am a first time mom and ws very impressed with all avent products! I have bought the ON-THE-GO set from avent for both my friends that are expecting this spring.

codex57
08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
What parts did you ask for?

We're pretty torn btw the PISA and the Isis Duo. One of the primary concerns about the Avent is the online reviews site horrible customer service and nonexistant replacement parts. Apparently, you used to be able to get parts, but now, it's either the 3 pieces they have online or nothing at all. Bust a tube or a horn and your pump is toast.

mdb78
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I use the PIS. It works great although its a little noisy. Usually at work I try to muffle the sound by closing the flaps of the bag.