PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis pump squeaks and the star valve pops out, any advice about this and the Medela Harmony?

SpaceGal
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
So i have the Isis and I can do really well with it. However, my pump has those stupid white star valves, and even after talking to Avent CS and getting replacement valves and cleaning and sterilizing per their instructions the valve pops out during mid pump and it drives me nuts since I have to fiddle with the pump just to get it going more. Anywho, I did finally get a trip out to BRU and found some duckbilled valves that seem to fix this problem of the popping issue. My other issue is that my pump squeaks almost a "moo" of a dead cow as my husband put it and as my MIL thought, it was DH snoring in the middle of the night. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Being these few quirks have been irking me, I bought a Medela Harmony from hearing how good it is. It's not a big cost but still I would like to not spend if I don't have to...does this pump make any oddball noises or have any oddball issues that I should know of before I open the package and can't return it. I like the Harmony since i have a ton of replacement parts for it from the hospital rentals and what not.

Thank you for your help and sharing!