PDA

View Full Version : Medela manual vs. single electric

Nooknookmom
04-22-2007, 12:44 PM
I received a Medela manual at my shower. Any opinions as to if I should keep it or exchange it for a single electric. Or would the Avent manual be better.

I hope to use it for occasional bottles.

lisams
04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Keep it!! I have both and LOVE the manual. It is much more comfortable and I'm able to control the speed and suction much better. I really don't care for the mini electric. It's loud and my nipples hurt after using it, even with turning down the suction, and I don't get as much milk.

I've been pumping 1-2 times a day to start a freezer stash and it works great! We try to give DS a bottle about 4 times a week just to keep him from refusing it.

Nooknookmom
04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Okay! Thanks, I wanted to open up the box and *play* w/ it. I certainly don't want anything that is going to cause more pain than I'll already be in!

:)

jgriffin
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I second keeping it! The Medela manual (Harmony) is a great little pump; I used mine once or twice a day for months. I had the same experience as Lisa with the single electric, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

kboyle
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I have no idea on the Harmony (manual) as i just bought one from BRU today, but the Single Deluxe that i got when pg with Charlie HURT SO BAD THAT I PUMPED TWICE with it and that's it...the freebie ameda manual that the hospital gave me was much much better, but after occasional pumping for the 2 boys, it's finally died, or i lost it, either way, i went with the Medela harmony as it gets pretty good reviews :)

Nooknookmom
05-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks! It seems that the single is OUT. Which is good, I hope to get by w/ using it for occasional pumping for a few bottles.

The less pain I'm in the longer I'll stick to BF!

JoyNChrist
05-01-2007, 05:37 AM
I don't know about the Medela manual, but I can't say enough good things about my Avent manual. I get more with it than I did with my PIS (which I really wish I'd known before I spent $300 on the PIS, lol).

kulamimi12
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Keep it, you will find the Harmony works great especially on the go, I use that everywhere I like, because it's so quiet and you can control the flow. I don't have the single electric, so I can't compare. But, I like the parts that come with my Harmony, I interchange them with my PISA. Works great.