PDA

View Full Version : PIS users- Which bottle do you use?

mtrattner
04-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I have the PIS and I really like it but then I have to dump milk into an avent bottle and then I have extra things to wash. Is this common? What do others use?

Thank you!

jgriffin
04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Avent makes an adaptor for the PIS/PISA, so you can pump directly into their bottles. You'll still have to wash the adaptor, but that's much easier than the bottles.

SASM
04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
This probably doesn't answer your question but, when I was pumping later into BFing when the supply amount was larger, I used **I think** Gerber 9-oz bottles. They are just the cheap ones. The treads fit into the PIS treads so I wouldn't have to switch bottles midway while collecting. I never pumped and then immediately fed the baby b/c I pumped WHILE feeding the baby ~ I pumped and then stored the milk in Lansinoh bags. Ian used Avent and Bryn used Playtex Nurser. :( Just from experience, if your baby is using one bottle/nipple well, stick with it. IMO...it's soooo worth the extra washings. From 4 weeks and on, Bryn didn't like Avent or anything else we tried. At around 6.5 months, she FINALLY accepted Playtex nursers. :(

rl42382
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
i used the avent connectores i got it on babycenter.com but i see it in babies r us all the time. i could pump into avent bottles by using my medela pump in style advanced model.

tylersmama
04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I use Avent bottles, but I pretty much never give DS a bottle immediately after pumping, so it's not that big a deal. When I pump, it's usually to get milk to make his cereal with, so I leave it in the pump bottle in the fridge to be used for that. Or, I pour it straight into a Lansinoh bag to freeze. DS doesn't get bottles all that often, especially now that he's only nursing 3 times a day. Even when he was getting a bottle every day, I didn't find it to be that much of a hassle to toss the bottle, collar, and nipple in when I washed the pump parts.

I have heard of people pumping directly into the playtex drop-in bags by rigging it up somehow, but I have no direct experience with that.

kulamimi12
04-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I use Medela storage bottles that come with the pump and also the Evenflo Glass nurser. I prefer these two because they are bisphenol-A free. And they fit the connector right. If you still like the Avent one, A pump conversion kit may help.