PDA

View Full Version : ameda valves IRL?? help!!

kochh2
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
So after my very easy nursing experiences with DS, now almost 3, I have little Lillian who is just 4 weeks old and having such feeding difficulties. I am committed to EBF, so i am pumping like crazy, seeing a very well known lactation pediatrician, etc... yet with all these great things i'm doing, i can't do it with a poorly fitting pump valve :( I do have a double electric, but sometimes/places it's so much easier to use the manual pump i have (ameda hand pump)-- except the valve falls off so quickly. piece of S***!! not really, i just need to find a store to buy a new one IRL... anyone know where? save me a few trips to various stores to find a small white piece of plastic!! TY!!

Momof3Labs
04-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Try calling the lactation consultants in your area to see who carries Ameda pumps (or maybe call Ameda directly for a local reference??); they should have parts, too.

wencit
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
You can go here:

http://ameda.com/where/locator.aspx

Type in your zip code, and find Ameda retailers in your area who sell spare parts. It's sometimes difficult to find a local place that sells Ameda parts. Seems like Medela is everywhere, but not Ameda.

Good luck!

mamita
04-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Try the hospital where you delivered, they might have them.

kochh2
04-29-2007, 09:56 AM
thats what i was afraid of... I will call the hospital and check-- I can't believe how hard it is to find replacement parts IRL around here! thanks for all the suggestions so far!!

stillplayswithbarbies
05-06-2007, 03:11 PM
ask them if they have the disposable kits they give to people who pump while in the hospital with the hospital pump. Those kits have everything from the pump out, including the white valves etc. You can just plug right in to your pump, or you can take it apart and take out just the parts you need.

luvsviola
05-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Our hospital sells the parts in the gift shop. I also bought some valves on eBay.

kochh2
05-12-2007, 02:13 PM
D'oh, why didn't i think of ebay????? mommy milk brain!!