PDA

View Full Version : Playtex Nurser w/ Drop-ins, Avent Disposables or Other?

C99
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I am about to introduce DS2 to the bottle and am unsure which system is the best to use. I have both the Avent Isis and the Medela PIS pumps, but I gave away all of my Avent bottles (and cannot find my Medela ones) when DD wouldn't take a bottle. I know that the regular Avent bottles are at issue because of the plastic, but what about the Avent disposables? I bought both the Playtex Drop-in Nurser and the Avent Disposables at Target the other day, but so far have not opened either. Which one is better for a primarily breastfed-from-the-tap baby? Or is there another system that would be better? I don't want to invest a bunch of money into any one system; I just don't want to confuse the poor kid by switching nipple types on him or anything.

lisams
05-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Hmm, I think I'd try the Playtex first only because their nipples seem to be accepted better by breastfed babies (just from what I've heard from other moms and our own experience). They seem softer than the Avent ones. DS actually does better with the Playtex latex nipples.

sapphire
05-17-2007, 02:50 AM
I agee with the PP. I would try the Playtex Nursers. I had used the Avent first and my DD didn't accept it as much. The nipple was too fast for her. Then, I used the Playtex and it was well accepted. You could use the generic brand liners from Target. Not sure, if there are generic liners for Avent.

juliasmom05
05-17-2007, 07:13 AM
I'd give the Playtex a try as well. They were the only ones DD would take, and we tried them all :-).

Marci

pb&j
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
The Avent disposables aren't readily available near me; playtex drop-ins (and the generic equivalents) are in every grocery and drug store I've ever been in. The Playtex nipple is softer, which some babies seem to prefer.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif