PDA

View Full Version : Swimming and Breastfeeding

elizabethkott
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Okay, this is a stupid question. And I'm a bit embarrassed at my lack of problem solving skills.
How do you deal with the "leakage" issue in a swimsuit? I mean, you can't hardly wear shields in the water, right? Do you just keep them on the bathing suit, take them off before going in the water, then wait until the suit is dry and put new ones on?
I'm aware I'm being stupid. :) But I'm also being totally serious!
What do you other bf-ing mamas do?

o_mom
06-16-2007, 11:28 AM
It's never really crossed my mind, but I'm not a big leaker except when feeding.

I have heard that LilyPadz work well for this. I know that most LCs don't recommend them for everyday use, but for swimming I think they would be perfect.

lisams
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
By the time I've felt even remotely comfortable putting a bathing suit on I'm way past the leaking stage, lol!!

I would just keep the pad on until you get in, and then change out of the swimsuit soon after getting out of the pool. If you leak in the pool it's no biggie - the chlorine water keeps it sanitary and will wash it right away.

MaddiesMommy
06-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I've never had to try them, but I've also heard that lilypadz work well for swimming.

elizabethkott
06-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks, ladies!
Not that I'm really comfortable in a bathing suit anyway, but you know - just in case!