PDA

View Full Version : Medela PIS & Symphony pump kit compatible?

bluemoonbeam
06-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Help! Is the Symphony Double Pumping System kit (tubes and shields, etc. only) compatible with the Original Pump In Style breastpump?? Thanks so much for any help in advance!

MaddiesMommy
06-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately, no. You need a different kit for the symphony. I have the PIS, but also rented the symphony. I had to buy the kit when I rented it. It has different tubing and round parts that connect the tubing to the pump. The horns are the same for both, if I remember correctly.

HTH!

Janine

bluemoonbeam
06-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the info Janine! I went and found a site that sold the right tubing for the pump.

BTW, this is the first time I've ever posted, but I've used this message board like crazy for answers about everything I ever had questions about with my two kids! So thanks to everyone who takes the time to help out us countless others!

MaddiesMommy
06-17-2007, 09:49 PM
No problem. I'm glad I could be of some help. I agree with you. I've learned so much from everyone on this board. I'd be lost without it.

JFC
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
nak

not sure of this helps since you already bought more tubing, but... i used the symphony in the hospital and the lact. consultant told me i could use them for the pis i borrowed from a friend by cutting off the hard cnnectors at the end of the tube...it works! HTH!

HallsofVA
06-22-2007, 11:50 PM
While in the hospital this time I used a Symphony and the nurse told me to take the kit home and use it with my home pump. Other than taking off the little bulb ends that go into the top of the Symphony, I've been using everything else on both my older PIS traveller (from 2003) and new PISA. Don't know if they're the same as the original PIS, but I haven't had any compatability issues.

aa2mama
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I have used my Symphony pumping kit with my original PIS. I had to disassemble it a little bit and don't know the technical terms for everything, but it did work. I do, however, prefer using the Medela pumping kit that came with my PIS.