PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Playtex drop in Variable Flow nipples?

713abc
06-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm using playtex drop in's for my 3 1/2 month old DS (he gets some expressed milk and some formula, no more nursing). Like others have mentioned, the slow flow nipple is very slow and the fast very fast. We tried to enlarge the slow flow a bit but ruined the nipple.

Is the variable flow worth trying? How is it different? I like the playtex system with the exception of this nipple flow issue!!

Robin

Spencers Mom
06-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I have the same question! My baby is 5 weeks old. The fast flow drowns her but she seems to work SO hard with the slow flow and is very gassy. I read that too small a hole in the nipple might contribute to that. WHY in the world don't they make a medium flow???
Alison

Nooknookmom
06-30-2007, 02:32 PM
No doubt! We're having the same issue. Fast=too fast/Slow=too slow. Where's the medium?

I have the cross-cut b/c Dr. wanted me to add rice cereal for DD's spitting up. She sucked too hard and choked. That's w/ reg formula/bm. or w/ the rice added. Don't know if it's just her or not. She sucks like a vacuum cleaner though.

marina
07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
i have used the variable flow for months (ds eats really fast and we sensed that he was getting frustrated with the slow flow). he's about 8 months and has used he variable for about 4 months. i really like them because he controls how he gets his food. i don't even plan on switching to fast flow. hope that helps.

val01
07-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Agreeing with the PP. My 5 mth old DD was recently switched to the variable flow - it's perfect for us. Give it a shot. You can buy 2 packs and try them for a day or so. If it doesn't work for you, return them.

Valerie