PDA

View Full Version : Playtex drops-ins and daycare -- confused!

neeter
07-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I've been reading about the Playtex drop-ins system and it sounds great. I really want it to work, but I purchased a premium gift set and I'm getting really confused.

I work outside the home, and generally will be pumping for my son's milk that I will send to daycare the next day. What's the best strategy for this?

If I pump directly into the liner, then I will be using the liner ring and breast pump adapter (I have an Ameda). I screw the storage cap onto the liner ring to seal everything. Then I store that whole thing in the fridge. And I send it just like that to daycare?

Does that mean that I need to get *alot* more of these one-step kits, because the one I have only contained one liner ring (at $10 each, that's not cheap, especially since I need to pump 3 bottles, and 3 bottles will be at daycare on that day).

Or is there a better way to do this? Pump into a regular bottle, and then transfer directly to a liner? But then how do I give the daycare a liner (unless I assemble everything, including the nurser) -- then I'll be buying alot more nursers.

Yikes, can you tell I'm confused? I hope this all makes sense, and someone can help. Or at least tell me your daycare strategy.

(Oh and any excess will go into the Lansinoh bags). Help!

Thanks!!

juliasmom05
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure this is the best way, as I didn't know about pumping into the liners at the time, but this is what I did. I just pumped into regular bottles or lanisoh bags and then brought the playtex nursers already assembled. I think we ended up with 6-8 nursers, but you probably just need enough for one day. For us, this seemed to work out fine.

Good luck

Marci

Clarity
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I had a Pump Mate set that came with adaptors, liners and seals that I used when I was pumping and freezing. The liners fit perfectly into the Platex drop-ins. However, when I started pumping for the next day, I pumped into bottles and then poured the bm into the drop-ins.

rgors
07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
The OneStep kit has *4* liner rings. The piece that it has one of, is the adapter ring.

I would pump into whatever you want, but then I would prepare all of the bottles individually to go to daycare with nipples and dome lids, etc. I wouldn't want to chance someone mishandling and spilling my EBM if they are not familiar with the playtex system.

suz
07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
My daycare is kind of strict. They require that the bottles be assembled already, so I send 3 - 4 assembled nursers per day for my DD. Your daycare may be more accomadating than mine.

I have the one step kit but find that pumping into the regular medela bottles works better for me. I pump into the bottles and then just transfer them into the liners when I am ready to assemble the bottles.

Yes, you would have to get at least two kits if you want at least a pair of adapters. I find it strange that the kit only includes one adapter.

denna
07-11-2007, 02:37 AM
This is what I would do. Pump into a bottle or Lasinoh bag and then send the bottles already filled/ made to daycare w/ your DC.

neeter
07-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi there -- Thanks so much! This is really really helpful...I'm getting it now (especially assembling everything for daycare). This way I don't need all the liner rings (I also realized that my breast storage kit inside the premium gift set only had one liner ring, but that the one step system has 4 -- thank you).

Now, my DS doesn't seem to like the nipple...that's another story -- hopefully he will like it!

Thanks again!

pb&j
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
You don't have to send the liner ring to daycare. I used the liner ring and nipple ring w/sealing disk to transport liners home. I then put *just* the liner into the nurser bottle w/nipple ring/nipple/dome on top to go to school. I had just enough nursers to send to school plus 1 or 2 extra.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif