PDA

View Full Version : What water do you use for your bottles?

713abc
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
For those of you who use powder formula, what water do you use? Bottled? Tap? Filtered Fridge water?

I started with bottled water when he had the occassional bottle, but now he is on all bottles and I have been using fridge filtered the last 2 weeks. Any reason that would be an issue?

Robin

mom_hanna
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
We used tap water for dd and now do for ds as well.

Jennifer

luvsviola
07-13-2007, 09:48 PM
DD is BF, but the couple bottles DD has had came from the tap. I do keep an 8 oz bottle of water in the diaper bag with 2 similac singles for emergencies when she is with her grandma, though. But that is for her convenience instead of necessity.

LarsMal
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Our ped said to use tap water with DS (DD is still EBF). I think the flouride is good for them. I used a Brita, though. I didn't like the taste of our tap water, so I didn't want to use it straight for him either.

spunkybaby
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM
We use tap water that's been filtered through Brita. Our pediatric dentist recommends tap water over bottled water because of the fluoride benefits.

Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

mominmarch
07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
We started on bottled and switched to tap too (b/c I can get the tap water a little bit warmer which she likes at nighttime). Our ped said tap water is better at 6 months, and if you are using bottled then for taste/preference, you need to give them flouride drops (my sister did this with her 2 kids when they lived overseas and everyone did bottled water). Before 6 months, they generally don't need flouride so you can still use bottled if you want. But Brita is fine too - that doesn't take out the flouride, I don't believe. You might check their website though to make sure.

denna
07-17-2007, 05:18 AM
I dont see any issue of you using Filtered refrigerated water. We use Culligan water that we have delivered to our home and have a water cooler. They do have bottled water available with Flouride if thats a concern for you.

babysophia
07-17-2007, 08:24 AM
We have well water, which tested high in nitrates, so we use flouridated bottled water.