PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know? Gerber organic cereals recalled.

first_time mum
07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
http://children.webmd.com/news/20070714/gerber-recalls-organic-cereals?ecd=wnl_nal_071607

Called and they asked me to send the packages I have and that they will send the corresponding number of free cereal coupons. They will not have any more organic cereals in the market until they resolve the issue. Which means I need to switch to earth's best i guess! Any other recommendations for organic oatmeal?

-SP

DrSally
07-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, I saw this. We used to use it and it did have some clumps in it. That's too bad that they won't be making organic since there aren't many options. Earth's best oatmeal and mixed cereal are both great IMO. BRU carries them, since I don't think they're at Target.

daisymommy
07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Is it just that there are clumps? Because if thats the only problem--SO WHAT! Just mix it up well! Jeesh. I cannot believe I have to give up buying a great organic cereal just for that reason.

DrSally
07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty certain that's all. They thought it may be a choking hazard. We never had a prob, but I could see possibly with a very young baby. I was glad to hear it was nothing about contamination b/c we sure fed DS a lot of it.

ETA: The clumps don't dissolve, they are hard, but we just always picked them out when we found them.