PDA

View Full Version : Locking topics - no explanation given?

KBecks
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I have been following the thread on Bitching Post about the child who was left in the car.

The discussion has gotten a bit two-sided, and the topic has been locked, but there is no post from a moderator notifying that the topic has been locked and why.

In the past, I have always seen an explanation. For this I see none.

I think it is helpful for the community to see a notifying post, and to also see the rationale behind the lock, so we know more clearly what is acceptable and what crosses the line.

Thanks!

Marisa6826
04-09-2005, 12:37 AM
It was locked because it was getting abusive to members of this community. Unfortunately, my internet connection went down yesterday afternoon and did not come up until earlier this evening.

Rachel has been out of town and not necessarily near a computer. We both received emails from members here asking that it be locked.

The Fields do not require the Moderators to provide explanation for locking threads.

If you are not certain what crosses the line, please refer to the rules of the Board pinned to the top of the Lounge.

Thanks.

-m

alandenisefields
04-13-2005, 08:56 PM
While it is ideal to have the mods post at least a brief explanation why a thread is locked, there will be times when that isn't possible (as in this case).

Rest assured, if a topic is locked, we received several complaints about it and the mods felt it violated the board rules. We lock a topic just to keep things from boiling over.

As a reminder, our mods are VOLUNTEERS who are giving their time to make this a better community. Sometimes time is short!

Sometimes we will just delete a thread (spam, ads, etc) without explanation as well. Hope you understand,

Alan & Denise