PDA

View Full Version : Points?

buddyleebaby
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
What's the idea behind votes and points?

amp
07-06-2005, 09:03 AM
It doesn't officially mean anything, but whenever someone is impressed with what someone has to say, how they handle things, they can give them some positive feedback. When you click on rate this user, or on their votes, you'll see what others have said, and you can rate them positive or negative. It defaults to neutral and if you don't change it to positive, you won't be able to later (we found out the hard way), so make sure you change to positive (or neg) as needed. When you rate someone positive and say something, it gives that person 2 pts. If you leave neutral, or if you vote positive but say nothing, I think it gives a point, or no points. Neg. can reduce points. It's really just a way of giving feedback to someone who's helped you out or that you really think is a great person on the boards. It can also go the other way, but voting negative kinda smacks of popularity contests, whereas the positive feedback does feel good.

TonFirst
07-12-2005, 08:47 AM
For whatever reason, my computer won't let me rate people - nothing happens when I click on the "rate user" link, whether I'm in Mozilla of Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?

amp
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Hmm, no, I don't know anything about that, and don't use that browser. Perhaps send an email to A&D and see if they have a suggestion, or post another separate question re: this and see if you get any hits, or try using a different browswer (if possible) just to rate a few people and then go back to what's comfortable. I have to do that sometimes when shopping at certain sites to make them work right. Good luck!