PDA

View Full Version : Question about promoting our own businesses

DebbieJ
08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I know there is a no commerical spam policy, but what about those of us who are WAHMs and WAHDs? What are the policies regarding that? Can we put a line in our siggie? What about links to our sites?

It's a total gray area. I think our wonderful mod Marisa posted about it once, but I don't really recall what the guidelines are.

Can I get a recap? My home business is not baby-centric, if that matters.

Thanks!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Saartje
08-07-2005, 07:49 PM
The rules are: if you have a babycentric business, you must say so in your sig. This includes being a WAHP.

If you want to mention some non-babycentric business in your sig, you can.

You cannot put a link or url to your own business either in your sig or posted on the boards. (Another member may do so, however.)

Marisa6826
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
yup! them's the rules ;)

-m

alandenisefields
08-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Just wanted to concur---those are the basic rules.

In a nutshell, we ask members NOT advertise their businesses here, even if they are WAHM, etc. Members tell us they want a commercial-free zone for the boards and that's our goal!

Please read the usage policy in the newbie forum for more guidelines for vendor posts! Thanks again,

Alan & Denise
authors

hellokitty1
08-16-2005, 11:20 AM
>In a nutshell, we ask members NOT advertise their businesses
>here, even if they are WAHM, etc. Members tell us they want a
>commercial-free zone for the boards and that's our goal!

Denise/Allan - you seem to say that even WAHP should not be listing their business...which contradicts the previous post that says any baby business must be disclosed. So I guess my final question(s) is...

Are you ever required to list your business and if so, under what circumstances are you required to do so?