PDA

View Full Version : Help, I have a negative rating!

danagee
12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm confused! I try to keep a low profile, and I'm new to the ratings system, but it appears as though I've gotten a negative rating. it's dated tomorrow's date! It looks like it was given to me by user "ADK" but when I click on that user it says there's no profile.
What is this all about and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks a lot,

Dana

amp
12-11-2005, 09:47 AM
You can't get rid of a negative rating, but you can shut your ratings off by editing your own profile and preferences. Go to the "user menu" and check in either preferences and profile and there should be a way to disable your ratings. It will mean no one can rate you and you can't rate anyone either.

If you want to leave your ratings enabled, you'll have to live with the negative rating, but you might get some positive ones later too.

If you want to know who posted the negative review, you can "search" (click "search at the top of the screen, under the banner and headings) and do an "advanced search". Put "ADK" or whatever you want to search for in the search box and then go to the drop down menu below that that will let you change from searching "subject and message" to "author" and you can see who that person is, what they've posted and whether there was a thread you responded to in a way they didn't like.

Negative ratings are unusual unless someone doesn't like you, so don't take one person's take on you as a statement about our whole group. Overall, we're a pretty friendly bunch, and as you post more, and people appreciate your input or start to recognize you, you'll get more positive feedback.