PDA

View Full Version : penile adhesion

bpalder
05-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I have a three week old son.I just noticed that he has a penile adhesion.The thing that really makes me angry is that I feel it could have been avoided.I was very nervouse about taking care of his circumsicion before we left the hospital.I must have asked a hundred times what to do.The only response I got was put vasaline on it.I was told not to touch it at all.Now I have been reading and find that I should have been pulling the skin back a little bit and than putting on vasaline.I was just wondering how many other mothers this has happened to and why no one told me the correct way to care for my son?

amp
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Please go post this in the Lounge forum, where you will get much more information than you will in this forum, which is kind of more for technical issues. You won't get the good response here that you will over there.

Also, do a search by clicking the search button up at the top among the menu items. Actually, once you click that, click for "advanced search" and type in penile adhesion and then click the "And" option, or it will find anything with either word. Then click search. There have been other threads on this and there's bound to be helpful info for you.

Good luck!

megs4413
05-02-2006, 07:44 PM
so sorry, sweetie! Put this in the lounge forum and i'm sure someone will tell you that they have BTDT.

olimom
05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
This happened to my son too. He is 11 weeks old and has seen the pediatrician twice. It was only when we saw a urologist for a different problem that we found out he was forming an adhesion. Like you, I was never told to pull back the skin and I had no idea he even had an adhesion. The urologist started to separate it and it started bleeding and of course my son screamed. Now I am supposed to pull it back and wipe it with peroxide twice a day. I hate doing this because it obviously hurts him and I too feel like I should have been told how to care for his circ. At the very least, I feel like my pediatrician should have noticed it before 11 weeks!

tarahsolazy
05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Just leave it alone, don't let anyone pull it back. It will eventually separate on its own. Unless your son can't pee or has infections it is a non-issue.