PDA

View Full Version : ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok...Joy is looking forward to working with us and here are the details:

We, as a BBB group, will need to spend a total of $500 after a 30% discount on CUSTOM dolls (except for Heavy Baby, Mermaid & Centaur). If 6 items from ANY individual category on her website are ordered, then there will be a 20% discount applied to those items. For example: 2 bassinets + 2 Moses baskets + 2 bedding sets = 6 items purchased from the Carriage and Bedding category = 20% discount for all items.

Categories:
Waldorf Doll Kits & Patterns
Doll Clothes Patterns
Doll Clothing
Carriage & Bedding
Doll Making Supplies

You can place your order at:

http://www.joyswaldorfdolls.com/

PLEASE do not forget to put BBB in the Special Instructions box.

You have the option of paying by credit card or mailing a check to Joy--Go through the ordering process and then select your form of payment through the secure server.

At the end of the co-op Joy will go through the orders and email everyone their final total + shipping, etc. She will not process the order (run your credit card) until she gets confirmation from you.

I know that some of you may be thinking....."Well, I'd like the carriage IF it's discounted, but I don't know if it's one of the items that will receive a discount." I suggest that you order everything that you want so that all sales will be accounted for and discount given, and if an item is not discounted at the end of the co-op you will be able to cancel it, if you choose to not pay full price, when Joy contacts you before processing your order.

NO DISCOUNT will be applied to the Centaur doll, Mermaid doll & Heavy Baby.

I forgot to ask about the Limited Edition dolls. Will get back to you on that...

If you only order things that are in stock, they will be shipped immediately. If you order a custom doll + things that are in stock, they will be shipped together when the custom doll is complete. If you'd like 2 separate shipments, you will have to pay 2 shipping costs---please indicate that in the Special Instructions box and Joy will add that to your total.

Custom dolls will take 4-6 weeks from confirmation of order.

There are only 2 bassinets in stock. So, get your order in asap if that's something you're interested in.

Co-op Dates: March 1 - 17 (midnight - Pacific)

I am going to take the questions that I can't answer and put them into one email for Joy. I will post her responses accordingly.

If you have any specific questions regarding ordering or customizing your doll, you may email her at
[email protected]
She will be out of town March 18 - 20th.

ETA: If you would like your custom doll as a birthday gift and the timeline might be cutting it close. Be sure to place your order asap and let Joy know in the Special Instructions box the date you are needing your doll. She will do her best to get it to you in time.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy shopping!

ellies mom
03-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Ok, just to clarify. If I want to order a doll kit, I do NOT qualify for the 30% discount, but if 5 other people order a doll kit then I would qualify for the 20% discount on that part of the order. If I also order clothing but there are not a total of 6 orders from that category then I would only get the discount on the doll kit.

In order to get the 30% discount on custom dolls, there needs to really be about $720 worth of custom doll orders.

Am I getting this right? Just want to be sure before I make the pitch to DH.

Thank you so much for setting this up.

mommyj_2
03-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks so much for organizing this. Here's what I ordered:

1 13" Little Love Custom Doll
1 pair of pajamas (blue stripe)
1 moses basket

I'm so excited to be able to get one of these! Thanks again.

nitaghei
03-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Similar question here. Doll kits (which is what I'm interested in) would be 20% off, max, right?

I'm considering ordering 3 kits - if anyone else is on the fence! :) So it might not be hard to get up to 6.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

kristenk
03-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Sandra,
I think you mentioned in the initial thread that you might see about asking Joy for some age recommendations. I'd love it if she could offer some guidance! Would you mind seeing if she'd give age reccs for the dolls available in the co-op? (I thought it would be better if you asked than if I bothered her!) Thanks so much for arranging this!

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi: I forwarded these questions to Joy and here are her answers...HTH

Q: How do I know which dolls are appropriate for which ages?

Answer from Joy: Each Custom doll has a suggested age posted. People need to read about each doll to determine what they think their child needs out of the doll. Many of the dolls appeal to diverse ages, though. Babies get annoyed with mohair wigs like the mohair cut-loop and longer loose styles. If one wants a longer style, then, I suggest braiding the hair before giving to their baby or those that can't take care of it well. The 10" Bunting Babies are wonderful first dolls for the 8 month old to 3 year old. Children can't change the doll clothes well enough without help until they are about 4. The best advise I can give is that the mother and even the father model the behavior with the doll as if it were alive. Sometimes, holding back on handing the doll over to the child for a few days so that the child can watch you take care of the doll can be wonderful learning tool. I know a kindergarten teacher who took care of the new baby doll for one whole week before allowing the children to take care of it. By that time, both boys and girls were vying for this 14" Baby Companion.

Q: Do any of you know what would be the advantages/disadvantages of a button doll over a little love or companion doll?

Answer from Joy: I suggest the Baby Companion and Little Love over the Button-jointed dolls for added sturdiness especially for the 1- 4 year olds. It can be unsettling for the baby/toddler to see the limbs of a doll to go around and around in circles and not understand how to set them right. I repair more Button-jointed dolls than any others combined. Some children are very gentle with their dollies, so, this point can be taken as a generality.

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Veronica....yes, you are correct. I would pitch it to your dh this way.."I am receiving a discount on these items, etc..." Assume that there is a discount b/c I really don't think we'll have a problem meeting the minimums. AND, if for some reason we don't, then you can tell dh that the discount fell through and that you are not ordering them...There is always the option to back out if the discount is not given before processing the order.

I think I'll check with Joy in a few days to see what minimums we have met. For example...with this discount, I'm now considering ordering 2 Companion dolls. I was in the market for one for my baby's 1st birthday, but now I must also get one for my 2.5 year old. : )

Good luck! I've already sold dh. All I have to say is "discount" to him and he's in. : )

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Correct....I agree, think we'll get to 6 no problem....

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Those PJ's are soo cute. Maybe we should start a thread where people post what they are purchasing, so one will feel comfortable knowing that we're getting close to our minimums. : )

I keep going to the site trying to decide what I need/want...definitely getting a Moses basket with the dolls. Can't decide on clothes. : )

luvtoshop
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry, forgot to change subject....

macassi
03-02-2005, 11:56 PM
I've read all the responses and looked at the web site, but I still can't decide if I should get the companion doll or the sister doll for a 2 year old. I really like the idea of the outfits and styling the hair, but I'm not sure if those features are more for *me* than Abbie. What is everyone else doing?

ellies mom
03-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm kind of in the same boat you are in except I'm trying to decide between the 16" Honey, 14" Companion baby, and the 13" Tiny Love. I don't know if we should be buying for the "right now" or looking also to when DD's are 5. I love the 16" Honey doll, but I'm wondering if that might be too big for DD (16 mo), so I started thinking about the 13" Tiny Love, but realistically DD isn't going to be styling her hair or dressing her for a few more years so maybe the 14" Companion baby would be more appropriate. Then I start thinking that if I got the 16" companion baby maybe I could buy premie clothes for it, but then we are back to the too big for DD.

You were probably looking for an answer huh, and not my confused babbling train of thought. I'm sorry. I think in any case we should probably be prepared to be more "into" the dolls than the DD's, and not be too disapointed when after all the thought and love that went into making the perfect decision, they are only interested in the box.

So, the short answer would be I'm leaning towards the 14" baby, with the 3 piece knit set and hopefully a moses basket.

macassi
03-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh no -- your rambling is great and I of course had to review the dolls again and am now more confused.

I was leaning towards the 16 inch instead of 14 inch baby just because I like the idea of a nose. Hmmmmm...

ellies mom
03-03-2005, 02:17 AM
That is the cutest nose isn't it? I'm buying a kit, so the nose intimidates me a bit. Sorry to confuse you. My mom says the baby doll would probably more appropriate. Yeah, I called her for advice. You know, even an older child will love a baby doll, and it will be so cuddly for the DD's now. Now to choose the size....

ETA Do you think the 0-6 Robeez will fit the 14" or 16" dolls? Maybe I could make a smaller pair in felt. I've already been planning the "baby's" bed. I'm thinking the Maclaren doll stroller might be in order too. See you aren't the only wondering who it's really for.

mommyj_2
03-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Where do you see which ones have noses? I didn't even notice that some of them don't until I read your post. Some of the ones on the page of 13" dolls have noses and some don't. Hmmmm....I hope mine has a nose.

ellies mom
03-03-2005, 01:06 PM
You know, I think you'ld have to ask. The ones with noses on the 13" page are on the hair choices page and they are the same for all the dolls. Since none of the dolls at the top of the page have a nose, I'm going to guess no. I don't it would hurt to ask if they could put a nose on one for you. I'm going to ask about wig changes on my kit.

luvtoshop
03-03-2005, 09:09 PM
HI--I was wanting the bigger doll to dress, fix hair, etc...until I stopped and remembered that this wasn't for ME. ha! So, I've decided on 2 - 14" Companion dolls for my 9 month old and 2.5 year old. Will distinguish them by ordering different hair styles. : ) or maybe the same....oh, gosh..hadn't thought of this issue. ; )

ellies mom
03-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Well, I hope you are happy. I'm totally obsessed with this doll thing. I've got scraps everywhere listing prices all of the different dolls and kits and options, full priced and with discount. I can't decide between the 14" companion baby (smaller size, and simpler) and the 16" honey(sits better and better hair). No one, DH included, understands what the big deal is. It's even affecting my sleep. I sent an e-mail today asking questions about wigs.

I normally have no problems making these sorts of decisions but for some reason this one has me frozen.

luvtoshop
03-04-2005, 09:43 AM
LOL. Sorry to have you up all night thinking about dolls. : ) I'm doing myself a favor and not looking at the bigger dolls on purpose...or I know I'd start leaning in that direction. The hair is too darn cute!

Joy will be able to give you great information on the wigs. She's the originator of the one piece muliti-styling wig. Let us know what she says and please let us know what you finally decide on. : )

This might ease your tension....I spoke with Joy about possibly doing this again in September --- I know it would be really popular to do a holiday co-op. So, if you are really torn, maybe order your "A list" this time and see what you think -- and you can order your "B list" in September. : ) Good luck!

macassi
03-04-2005, 10:44 AM
I agree with the PP -- I was up last night debating between the baby (probably the right choice for Abbie since she'll be only 2) and the 13" with cute hair, because I'm just having such a hard time not getting a hair-do if I'm going to shell out the bucks for a doll. I have at least compromised with doing shoulder length hair if I do the hair. Then again, the baby has some cute outfits... I know she can't change her, but I envision changing her together. Argh. Of course, all this might be a moot point, because my little 18 month old hasn't exactly picked up a doll yet. I think it might be one of the things that I'm more into than she is. I never played with dolls, but I spent hours until I was older than I care to admit playing with stuffed animals and I had a Snoopy with a gazillion outfits.

ellies mom
03-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Well ladies, I got a response from Joy this morning. I think if you were hoping for cuter baby hair options you will be pleased. I know I am. These were going to be posted March 13th. So here is a sneak peek. My personal winner is:

Short Bouclez Loop 2

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22449.jpg

also sweet the Short Mohair Loop

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22450.jpg

and the very adorable but not right for my DD, the Mohair Baby Pigtails

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22451.jpg

Joy said that if you want one of these options to write the name of the style in the special instructions box if it isn't on the site yet.

My other concern with the baby companion was it's ability to sit, and she said it will sit "assisted" as in a highchair or stroller. I think at DD's age that will be sufficent. When she gets to be 4 or 5 and is more ready I'll probably make her the honey or button doll.

So my offical (I think) decision is the 14" baby companion with the bouclez loop 2 hair, the darling three piece knit baby set, and probably a moses basket. I'm still not sure about the Moses basket. It is really cute and will only be $12, so I'm not sure I can find the same cuteness for less. Although I really like the idea of an unfinished wooden cradle finished to match DD's bed. I think I'll be sleeping better now. :)

Anyhow, I'm really impressed with Joy. I'm glad we are doing this through her. I hope this helps.

ETA Oh yeah, this is what she says about shoulder length hair for the little ones: "Shoulder length is something to consider when she is at least 3-4 years old as she will only be annoyed by all the yarn and it will not wear well with one so young. The yarns that have the cut ends shed." I really liked the shoulder length hair too, but the shedding bit convinced me. Her next doll will have it.

macassi
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I love the third option and it's exactly like Abbie's hair now! I think that'll make it easier for me to go with the baby companion. Later, I might get a kit for my mom to make (aren't I a nice daughter?) with the adorable clothes and style-able hair. Thanks so much for posting the update! I guess I'll wait until the 13th to place my order. Hmmm... of course that means more stewing about decisions.

luvtoshop
03-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Thank you SO much for posting these hair options! Joy emailed me and told me that she had sent them to you. LOVE the 3rd one and will HAVE to get it for my baby.

Also glad that it helped you make your decision. : )

luvtoshop
03-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi---Joy has new hairstyles that are shown in Veronica's post. Be sure to look at these options....

http://tinyurl.com/3lg3w

Here are questions I emailed Joy....

Will the Limited Edition dolls be 30% off? (if we reach our minimum)

Yes!

Can a nose be put on the Baby Companion doll?

The 16" Baby Companion automatically has a nose. One can request a nose for the 14" in the Special instructions. The nose is the first thing on a doll to get dirty.

HTH!

holliam
03-05-2005, 01:37 AM
http://www.middayfaire.com/prod_details.php?id=78484 has adorable Moss Feet shoes for dolls. ;)

Moss Feet are awesome WAHM-made shoes. :)

We also have a growing stash of cloth diapers for her dolls that are yet to be.

Oh, and my daughter is 6 months old and not even home yet! LOL
(we're adopting.. it's been delayed.. grumble..)

Holli

kristenk
03-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I had to go to page 2 to find the post so I could check out the additional hairstyle options, so I thought I'd bump the details back to the top of page one in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Whew! Long sentence.

zen_bliss
03-14-2005, 03:26 PM
is there a yahoo group set up for the co-op to discuss options, etc? i'd *really* like to see a photo gallery of dolls that BBBers already have for ideas, but i didn't think it was appropriate to post a call for photos thread here, given the gentle reminder that was just put in the Lounge.

also, i wanted to share some more info. i asked joy about the difference between the 16" button & the honey and she replied:
"The Honey's arms and legs are sewn onto the body. This very sturdy doll can sit by itself.
Strong craft thread is strung across from limb to limb secured inside the limbs with a button, allowing for different poses, the ability to sit without assistance and to stand when posed just right and especially with a little help from their shoes. There is more potential for doll repair with type of construction, so more care needs to be taken with the Button dolls."

she also mentioned that there are new dresses coming out this week.

luvtoshop
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi--and thank you for moving this to the appropriate location. I didn't know this forum existed....nor did I ever peek into the lounge....wow! a whole new world on the BBB that I wasn't aware of. I also just read the rules for co-ops, glad I met the minimum requirements. : ) I'm a regular BBB'er, but have obviously not surfed around the board to read all the sections.

We have not set up a Yahoo and since it is ending this week, I think it might be pointless to attempt one now. Joy and I discussed doing it again around the holidays and will most definitely set one up then....we'll have so many dolls to have pics up then. : )

Thanks again!

Roleysmom
03-14-2005, 08:41 PM
So, I just put my order in and I'm very excited! I ordered a 16 inch button baby -- fair skin, red short dred hair and blue eyes (this was a group decision between me, DH and Roley; not exactly what I would have chosen on my own). I also ordered the flower knit set and the sling. Thanks for all of your work setting this up!

ETA: oops, dredlocks only come in black so I changed it to the short cut loop cap.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

ellies mom
03-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Did you see the new hairstyles that should be showing up on her webstite any day now? You can see them further up this thread. Since I couldn't get the dreds in the colour I wanted (plus Joy says they attract lint), I went with the "short bouclez loop 2". If you want to change your order again, you can put the hairstyle name in the special instructions box if they haven't shown up yet on the page.

Roleysmom
03-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks, Veronica! I did pull those up and would have gone with the short bouclez loop 2 (very cute!) in lieu of the dreds, but DH was in charge of selecting the hairstyle, and he chose the other.

Honestly, my personal favorite was the mohair cap. DD's hair was just like that when she was born. But, since I got to pick eye color and Roley chose the hair color, I deferred to DH and his desire for dreds. Who would have thought I would be so consumed with these choices!

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

sarasmom
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
I am going to order a 10" sister doll for my 18month old. What is the difference between the mohair and wool/mohair? They look the almost the same to me on the web site.
TIA
Carol
SARA'S MOM

ellies mom
03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I think wool/mohair is more of a "traditional" yarn look, while mohair would be more of the fuzzy mohair look. HTH

QNP
03-16-2005, 11:39 AM
First off, a bunch of thanks to Sandra for organizing this co-op!
Also, thanks to all the ladies who posted in this thread. What you consider as 'rambling' is actually very useful and thoughtful info that helped me in selecting the dolls for my DD.

I ordered :
Sister doll w/brown eyes, short brunette mohair loop (this hairstyle is just too cute! Looks exactly like DD's when she was born)
Honey doll w/brown eyes, long multi-styling brunette mohair

Hopefully the Sister doll will become her Lovey. The Honey doll is just a wee big for my 6 mo DD, so I will be babysitting her for DD for a while. ;)

BTW, new hairstyles and dresses are now up on Joy's website.

Happy playing!

ellies mom
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah!!! I just put my order in for a 14" companion baby, 3 piece knit outfit and a moses basket. I hope enough people ordered kits so I can get a discount too. I'm so excited to get started making the doll. So if our DC's are too young to name the babies, do we get to or what do we call them until the DC's are old enough? Silly question I know. Anyhow what are you guys naming your child's doll?

luvtoshop
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello! So glad that everyone has been happy with this co-op experience.

Joy has extended the deadline here is her message:

"I would like to extend the deadline for Co-op orders to Tuesday, March 22nd. The webdesign is taking longer than I had expected and I need the time on Thursday for processing our general orders and to put the last minute orders together for doll workshop trip to Ann Arbor, MI. Please let the co-op know that I will be out of town from the 18th -21st. My assistant will be in on Friday and Monday to print out the orders, answer the phone and ship general orders or orders that need to be out for Easter."

Categories who have reached their minimum:
Dolls
Baskets/Bassinets
Kits

Real close on the Clothes category
Plenty of bassinets (she found more)

SOLD OUT: Sale price Cherry dress

ellies mom
03-19-2005, 03:54 PM
It seems as though she isn't waiting until Tuesday to process the orders. I noticed on Thursday that the money in my account was tagged (at the discount price!!) but technically it's still there. I never received anything except the original order notice. Then today I was tracking another package I'm waiting for, and that info got replaced by Joy's info, and the best part is it should get here today!!!! I wasn't expecting it until later next week. It's like Christmas; I did a happy dance in my office. Now I'm just waiting for the UPS guy. Happy me, Happy me.

Anyhow, the point of this wasn't to gloat, but to let everyone know that the orders (well, probably not the custom dolls) are going out.

ETA- Never mind, I guess it won't get here until Monday. It says out for delivery, but down further it says delivery due on the 21st. :(

stillplayswithbarbies
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Did anyone get their dolls yet? My credit card was charged on March 24, so I assume everything I ordered was discounted since I never got an email confirmation. But nothing has arrived yet.

I figured I would ask here before I bother her with an email, to see if everyone else is in the same situation.

nitaghei
04-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Karen,

I ordered a kit, and I actually got a confirmation email from Joy showing the discount. According to UPS tracking, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I ordered on the last day of coop. Isn't the turnaround time for the dolls much longer, though?

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

ellies mom
04-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, they just shipped my kit out without a confirmation and I got the discount also. From what I understand it can take 4-6 weeks to get a custom doll. I got an e-mail from a company called QuantumView when the kit shipped. It gives you the tracking info.