PDA

View Full Version : We Can Pre-Order the New Skip Hops Now!!! WooHoo!!!!

priscilla73
03-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Doing the Happy Bag Dance :) We can pre-order the New Skip Hops, the Dash and Expo now with FREE Priority Shipping!!! Due to arrive at the end of the month! YAY!

http://www.happydaybaby.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=skiphop_dash.html/SID=1110755690.31

sbjf
03-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Cool!! Hey, do you know if the Expo can be worn messenger style? How about the Dash? Do you know if one or both are actually meant to be capable of being worn messenger style?

Thanks!

ETA: Also, why are the Dash and Expo both less money than the corduroy and denim Skip Hops (both $76), aren't the new bags bigger than those?? So why the lesser price? Is it a promo thing for now you think?

ETA: And, are the changing pads attached or detachable?

kseltmann
03-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh MY! I never thought this day would come. Now the big dilemma begins. I think I want the dash. I loved my Duo when Emily was small, and I didn't carry a lot around. I mean, I still don't, I keep my LE DIA fully loaded in my car and I change her there.
However in the fall I got a PPB in Fond of Flora (because it was so pretty) and I really hate the idea of a big empty bag. It seems that the Dash has a lot of pockets and room for organization. I think that part of the decision is made, but now it gets worse. WHAT COLOR?
I think I want the pink with chocolate piping, or the chocolate with pink.
What is everyone else getting?

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]

priscilla73
03-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm going to try and answer your questions but I could be wrong.

I believe both the Dash and Expo can be worn messenger style. The Expo looks very similar in shape and size to the original Duo.

The Dash and Expo look like they are Canvas.

The changing pad on the Duo was not attached in any way so I'm assuming that it is the same on these.

I did put in an email to try and get definate answers to your questions. They are good questions.

IMO, the new bags have such great organization and I think I will be very pleased with it. I can't wait to see it!

sbjf
03-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Priscilla, thanks for putting in an email about my questions, you're great!

As long as they can be worn messenger style on a tall person (5'7) then I'm sold! I also doubt that the changing pad is attached, but a friend of mine asked so I figured I better check before telling her yes or no.

Thanks again!

sbjf
03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
If I get the Dash then I'll probably get the Ice Blue. If I get the Expot, I'm not so sure, maybe the red. I wish the Expo came in the Denim!!

priscilla73
03-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey, I just saw that your baby is due next month! How exciting, I'm really happy for you! It won't be too much longer now!

nov02mom
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
My DH (6'4") uses my Skip Hop Duo very easily.....unless they have drastically redone the strap length you should have no problem. (Of course, I'm 5'4" so I always have to re-tighten the straps up!!!)

nov02mom
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
I am soooo excited!!! Now if I could just narrow it down to which one I want. I'm thinking the Expo in Charcoal/red and the Dash in???? I hope the velcro on the dash isn't as loud as on the Duo!!!

sbjf
03-14-2005, 07:43 AM
THanks! Yeah, not too much longer, and boy, I'm not ready!!! I still need the diaper bag, the double stroller, and I have to sort through ds's clothes, wash them, get everything ready. I guess it's time to kick my butt into gear. After reading Neve's birth story I am sweating it a little, hehe. I need to be prepared before this little guys appears!

jk3
03-14-2005, 08:24 AM
I really, really want the Dash. I have shown lots of restraint and have not bought a new bag since I bought the Duo last summer. What color to get is the main question I have. I like the chocolate color but I'm not sure if it's a year round color. I also like the olive and the charcoal. I usually gravitate to black but I do not like the white piping. What's everyone else choosing?

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

priscilla73
03-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Here's some info that I found out about the sizing:

The new styles are essentially a lot like the Duo. The straps are
adjustable and can be worn on the shoulder or messenger style.

Measurements:

DASH: 13" wide x 11.5" high x 4.5" deep
EXPO: 13" wide X 14" high X 3.5" deep (bottom of bag expands to 7"
deep)
DUO: 13" wide x 14" high x 3" deep

priscilla73
03-14-2005, 10:28 AM
The color is the hardest part. I usually like to coordinate with my strollers because the Skip Hop is the PERFECT stroller bag.

I'm definately getting a Dash but I'm also thinking of maybe getting the Expo.

I have a Red E3 and the Charcoal/Red combo Expo would look really sharp on my E3.

icunurse
03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
It says that the Dash had pockets with zippers to protect your personal belongings. Does anyone know if all of the pockets have zippers, just the inside ones, just the outsides ones, etc? The Dash is roughly the same size as an Alpha 7, similar great organization, looks better IMO....if there are lots of zippers, I'm sold!
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040204/2/2/4/-6/.png[/img][/url]

JAMEPM
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Is anyone else not thrilled with the color choices? I was set on getting the Dash, but I really don't like any of the colors. I wish the black had either red or blue piping instead of white. I might get a black Expo instead (although I wish it had a cool expansion color like the other Expo's). Just my 2 cents... :)

nd93
03-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the available colors are disappointing. Of the 6 for the Expo, 3 are *very* dark! Black, olive, AND charcoal? Then two red/pink. I'd really like something blue, but I am not a camo person. I am not going to spend $ on another dark bag (I already have enough black ones!) I think they could have done better. Hopefully they'll come out with some new ones?

audball
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I think I'm waiting to see if they offer other materials as well - maybe cord or (wouldn't this be cool?) a microfiber ultrasuede of some kind...the color choices are disappointing - particularly since I was hoping to jazz up my somewhat subdued collection....

The only one I could see getting was the red Dash....and word as to whether or not the piping indicates the interior color? The olive/orange *may* be cool if that's the case (heehee) :)...

ejj
03-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey, some of us folks like the darker colors. I think they have a lot of dads (like me) interested. :)

Erik

icunurse
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm confused.....according to the co-op rules, this doesn't apply as a co-op (no one is organizing a group purchase, a group isn't getting a discount). Is there a co-op going on? If so, someone please email me the details - I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040204/2/2/4/-6/.png[/img][/url]

audball
03-15-2005, 06:18 PM
I know..I'm a little confused too (wouldn't be the first time). Maybe because of the expedited shipping, it's considered a "special"? I hope I'm not missing some grand opportunity :)!

priscilla73
03-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Can I join the Confusion Club because I am, too. This isn't a co-op so I don't know why this was moved.

Are we not allowed to post links to stores because if so, I think they should all be treated the same and all moved here, too.

nd93
03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I do too. I have too many black bags/purses to count! But I just thought that out of 6 color choices, to have 3 be so similar was a bit disappointing.

youngnan
03-19-2005, 10:56 AM
I am also drawn to the red, but I want to make sure my husband would be fine with carrying it, too--so it will probably be black for us.

Hmm, can anyone with a red duo comment on whether a guy would feel OK occasionally carrying that color? my husband has a red gym bag, but I guess this is different...

I wish the charcoal had black piping, which make it more sleek and versatile. The baby blue piping makes the charcoal one look too much like a diaper bag, at least judging from the photo.

Anyone know what material the piping is made out of? is it cloth or nylon or plastic? my hesitation about the black is that I worry the white piping could get dirty easily. Any comments from those who have seen the bags IRL?