PDA

View Full Version : Kettler co-op???

travelxu
04-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I was wondering if someone will do a Kettler co-op soon. I'm interested in getting the tandem seat and a seat-belt. When was the last time it was done?

Thanks,
CUN

Devinsmom
04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Me too!! I am so bummed that I missed the last co-op! Weather is getting warmer here, and DS could use a trike.

crayonblue
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes, it would be VERY nice if we could have a Kettler co-op! I sure wish I had bought one a year ago, in the last co-op!

tori
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
I would love for there to be a co-op tooo! I am all excited to buy my son a bike!!

Victoria

bricorssk
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I would love one too!!
Corina

jerzeygirl
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Ooh, a kettler co-op would be great. DS's birthday is coming in June!

elyse1971
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
I would be interested!

mudder17
04-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I would be interested!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

jerzeygirl
04-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Okay, so... other than a bunch of us indicating interest in a kettler co-op here, how do we get one started? Do we need to contact the person who ran it last time?

kozachka
04-24-2005, 12:51 AM
I'd love to buy DS a bike. Does anybody know what kind of a discount was offered last time?

egan284
04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
I would be interested too.

I don't have any experience in starting a co-op but I think, based on the co-op rules here, someone with over 100 posts can contact any one vendor who might be interested in giving us special co-op discounts.

Emmas Mom
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know who organized it last time? Cause I'd be interested too!

chlobo
05-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I think Neve organized it last time, if I remember correctly. However, since then her family has increased in size quite substantially so I don't think she really has time now for one. Someone else will have to take the bull by the horns.

mommyj_2
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Last time Neve was already too busy, and I think I remember reading that the vendor who had offered the co-op before had said she might not want to do any more (I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, though). Several of us ordered a few months ago from Sunrisecyclery.com. They gave us something like a 10% discount, so it wasn't as great as a co-op, but it was better than paying full price.
HTH

eb1
05-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes, Neve was busy and (I think) had indicated that the original vendor's husband didn't want to repeat the co-op, but maybe that has changed.

Anyway, I arranged for www.sunrisecyclery.com to provide a 10% discount for Kettlers (including accessories); they also offer free shipping. It's not as great as Neve's co-ops, but it was something! The store was great and easy to work with. The owner, Frank, set up a coupon code for ordering. That code has now expired, but Frank indicated he'd be willing to extend it if people were interested.

I don't have time to get involved, but if anyone is interested, you could probably just email or call Frank (contact details on the store's web site) and I bet he would oblige. You could tell him you're from the same online parents' group that got a Kettler discount code in February and March. I didn't publicly post the code because Frank was concerned about being careful with how this was "advertised" so I had people email me directly for the code; I think over 30 people did, though I'm not sure how many ordered, but I think it was probably successful enough for Frank to repeat the deal.

Hope either this or something better (deeper discount) works out! GL.

Erin

kcmom
05-26-2005, 01:12 AM
If you live in the bay area, Talbots Toyland (http://www.talbotstoyland.com/) in San Mateo is having a 20% off sale on all trikes (and trains and outdoor toys). It's not as good as Neve's coop of 30% off, but there is no shipping charge if you go pick it up.

mudder17
05-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Anyone know anyone in the bay area? ;-)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

Squirrel_M
05-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Thank you so much for posting this info. We went this morning and picked up a Kettler Trike. That is such a great store and the staff was very helpfull to find the right one for us.
Monika

Jajsmom
06-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Is there any Kettler CO-OP still going on? Or does anyone know where I can get a good deal on one? which is best for a 13 mo. old? Air Happy or Brummi?

Thanks.

TahliasMom
06-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh how funny. I use to live right by them and never realized that they had baby stuff! might have to look into their trikes now...

mommab
10-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm definitely interested if this co-op is still a possibility.

kharden
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I sure hope that someone is able to get the co-op together sometime.

hardysmom
10-23-2005, 09:21 AM
I'd also be interested. I need 2 highchairs and 2 trikes for the twins. Ouch.

Stephanie

cjmama
10-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I am also interested and know others who are too. I haven't posted enough times to set up a coop. Is anyone able to set this up?

junebugmidwife
10-28-2005, 09:43 PM
I can't organize it either but am definitely interested. It's trike time.

brittone2
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I believe the more recent attempts to organize co ops for Kettlers haven't been that successful, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I think a lot of retailers only wanted to do 10% off or something like that. A lot of people ended up buying a One Step Ahead version of the Kettler or something like a Kiddio, or just paying retail for the Kettler or buying online with an online coupon code for a percentage off.

There are occasionally deals online for 20% off (sensationalbeginnings had a coupon code a few months ago that worked for Kettlers) but they are pretty rare.

Neve arranged a lot of these a few years ago through Oopsie Daisy (in Raleigh NC I think) and I believe the owner and her husband haven't been able to do any more for the BBB...they weren't able to continue doing them. Obviously Neve has had her hands more than full with her kiddos and isn't up to doing Kettler co ops these days understandably.

Just wanted to chime in with that info. If you do a search maybe more will come up, but I think in the last year there haven't been any great successes w/ co-ops for Kettlers. We ended up buying the Kiddio Supertrike 4 for DS's 2nd bday coming up in February.

I just thought I'd mention that in case anyone is really holding out for a co op. I hope that if someone organizes one you'll all be able to get a great deal!!

brooksmom
11-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I found that Great Beginnings has Kettler trikes. We received a 15% off coupon code for the entire site- gbbaby
Sounds like this might be the best price around.
I was told by a local bike shop that Kettler has minimum pricing just like Britax. Happy shopping.

genndan100502
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
thanks for the code, I just ordered one for my daughter. hope she likes her christmas present.

NYmom2be
11-27-2005, 10:17 AM
I bought the trike and they had free shipping. It will make a great Xmas gift.

annasmom
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM
This is an VERY good deal. I just bought the Happy Navigator for $115, free shipping!!!

Laurelh
03-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Has anyone tried the seat belt on the Air Navigator?

txmomtobe
03-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I have the seatbelt on the air navigator. It works great...especially since my son is only 13 mos old.