PDA

View Full Version : YellBaby (baby hats) group discount info.

s7714
09-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Here is the information for the group discount we are getting from Yellbaby.com on baby and children's hats. (These hats are similar in style to the Fruity-Patooty line of hats.)

Pricing information:
Baby hats:
Cotton $14.00 each (regularly $18.99)
Chenille $16.00 each (regularly $22.99)
Kids hats:
Most $9 each (regularly $11.99)
Part# CTL376 and CTB364 $6.50 each (regularly $7.99)
Part# RHK6510 $14.00 each (regularly $18.99)

Shipping is still a $6.00 flat fee per order.

Instructions for ordering:
Go to www.yellbaby.com
Click on "SALE" at the top of the page.
Click on "Click HERE to go to our special group order page"
A window will pop up. (You may have to "allow blocked content" or allow for pop-ups.)
Enter the following code: bb905nmb12672 (it is case sensitive) and Click OK.
Then you can shop from the site that comes up.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you see the sale price listed in red under the item before you hit the add to order button. It should also show up in your cart at the correct price.

Almost all items are in stock, shipping is 1 to 2 weeks (after 10 hats have
been ordered). Sizes and details may vary because they are hand made.

Notes about sizing and the return/exchange policy have been given in a post below for those that are interested.

There is currently no hard deadline for this code!

Thanks & Enjoy shopping!
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

s7714
09-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I just placed my order for 3 hats!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

anamika
09-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Jennifer,
Do you know anything about the sizing?
My baby is really petite. Also any info on exchanges in case the size isn't right?
I will be sending them email but just wanted to find out if anyone has first hand info.
Thanks for organizing this - hats are adorable.

94bruin
09-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I have the same question. DD is petite, but will be turning 6 mos in November. Wondering if they run big or small/ if they are stretchy. I know which one I want... just don't about the sizing.

netarc
09-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks for arranging this! Placing an order for 2-3 hats now ... thx again!

s7714
09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry ladies, but I don't have any first hand experience with the sizing of these either. They did say that because they are hand made, the sizing can even vary slightly from hat to hat. The general nature of knitted hats usually makes them at least a little stretchy, but it also depends on how tightly knitted they were.

As soon as we reach the minimum and I get my order, I'll post a review of the hats for you. (I ordered one of the petal hats in 3-6 month size, a raspberry in 1-2T size and a flower garden hat in 3T+ size, so I'll have a range of sizes to compare.)

You might also try emailing Yellbaby directly if you have a question on a specific hat. Maybe she can give you a measurement from a hat or something?

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
09-28-2005, 12:58 AM
FYI - As of 3pm on Tuesday (6/27) we are at 7 hats total...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

SewSarahSew
09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I can't get the url to work? Is this just me?

s7714
09-28-2005, 10:03 AM
It does appear to be down at the moment. If it's not up in a few hours I'll email her.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

quinnsmom
09-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I just tried the site and it is still down (as of 1:50 pm eastern time on Sept 28th.)

s7714
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, I just tried as well. I emailed her to see when it'll be back up. (1pm PST).

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
09-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Update: As of 4:22 pm PST the main URL appears to be working again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just heard from the site owner. She sends her apologies as she didn't realize it was down. The main URL will be working again within 48 hours.
In the mean time, you can access the site by following these links:
http://207.195.39.227/ezwebsites4less/yellbaby/index.html
Or go directly to the group sale password page here:
http://207.195.39.227/ezwebsites4less/yellbaby/password.html

Thanks for letting me know it was down!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi Jennifer,
I sent them email early yesterday asking about sizing and their policy for returns/exchanges but I haven't heard back yet.
Do you know any other way to reach them?
Or if you don't mind can you ask them and let us know since they seem to reply to you?
Here's a copy of my email.
Hi,
I was wondering how the sizing runs in the hats for
babies. My daughter is almost a year but very petite.
HEr head circumference is 44.5 cm - which size would
be best for her (with some room to grow)?
Also I wanted to enquire about your return/exchange
policy in case the size isn't right.
Thank you,
Usha.

Sorry to bug you, Jennifer.
Thanks again for organizing this,

mmaimp
09-28-2005, 07:31 PM
I ordered three. Thanks for the great discount!

s7714
09-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I'll email her to make sure she got your email. If you hear from her before I do, please post the info. as others may be interested too.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
09-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi all,
Here's the reply to my email. I just got it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

As far as hat sizing, they are supposed to be somewhat standard, but
the problem is sizes do vary because they are all hand made. Of course,bigger is better because they will grow into a bigger hat. In my opinion they actually look cuter a little big. There are no head measurements to give you. We've tried that before and it doesn't work because the hat sizes vary (the individual crocheter may be tighter or looser) and because the hat does conform to the head shape and stretch a little (more or less depending on the style.)
I can say that the chenille styles run a little larger than the cotton. However, the cotton bucket styles (starfish, boat, and flower garden) run particularly large. The lady bug also runs very small and I would assume that the turtle, which is a new style would be the same.
As far as exchange, if you purchase a hat that is the wrong size, we will exchange it but we ask that you ship it to us and pay $6.00 shipping to send the new hat back to you. If there is something wrong with the hat, of course we will replace it free of charge but we have never had that happen since we check each one before it gets shipped.

~Gina
YellBaby.com

cara1
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM
I just ordered, um, 6. *Gulp.*

anamika
09-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi all,
Yippee - I just ordered two hats. I think we were already over the 10 hat minimum? I got two different sizes so hopefully one will work!
Just to double check - the order/checkout page did not show the reduced price. That's true for everyone, right? I'm a worry wart - Please reassure me on this :)
Can't wait for them to get here!!
Thanks Jennifer.

s7714
09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
The hats should have been listed on the order page at their sale price! If this is the case for anyone else too, please email Gina asap so it can be corrected!

Edited: see original post for notes.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
We have 16 hats ordered at this point, so we're good to go!
Thanks for your orders everyone!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Oops! Double post! :+

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
09-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks Jennifer. Yellbaby promptly refunded my money which was great. I reordered the hats under the discount price.
Thanks again

94bruin
09-30-2005, 09:53 AM
I just ordered two. I can't wait to get them!

memie
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Love to buy those cute hats. When to the group sale page and cannot find the right sizing on some styles. Can we order the sizing or just whatever shown in the page?

Memie

s7714
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
The hats are available in only the sizes shown. I've noticed that some of the hats are only available in certain sizes on all the websites I've seen them on, so it's possible that some of the hats just aren't made in certain sizes.

You can also check out these sites to see if they have a specific hat in the size you want:
http://www.whateverwearever.com/hats/kids.html
http://store.babycenter.com/brand/san_diego_hat-company?boutique=

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
10-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Has anyone else had trouble getting through to their customer service? I sent them an email with a few questions after I placed my order and still haven't heard back.
It really is frustrating to me when email is the only way of contacting a business and they don't get back to you.
Which email address are you using to email them?
Thanks,

s7714
10-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry there have been so many problems for you in trying to get your order/questions taken care of. [email protected] is the address I have. It is a small operation, possibly even a WAH type situation, but I would hope they would have answered your email within a day or two. I'll try emailing them as well.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
10-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi Jennifer,
Yes, I'm sure they must be pretty busy. But I always get antsy when I can't get in touch with vendors. I know a lot of online places don't have phone numbers (email only - must save them a lot of money) but they also usually have a policy of replying within 1-2 business days.
Yellbaby were very prompt about refunding the money when I didn't get the discount so that was good.
I hope you don't feel like I'm bugging you - it's not like you are personally responsible for how they conduct their business :) I was just wondering how long it took for other people to get replies.
Thanks for offering to email them. I was going to wait till Monday and try again.
Any word on when your hats will be here?

s7714
10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
You're not bugging me. ;) I just want to make sure things go well since I'm the one that organized it, IYKWIM. The longest it's taken them to respond to me is 2 days, and usually their replies were sent in the late evening or night.

I think we reached the 10 hat minimum on Thursday, so hopefully the orders will start shipping soon if they haven't already. I'm not in a hurry for them--not like I really need them in 90+ degree CA weather (insert eye roll here)...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

netarc
10-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Has anyone received their hat order yet? My acct was charged a few days after placing the order, but I've not received the package yet.

Anyone else?

s7714
10-09-2005, 12:03 AM
I just emailed her to verify whether the orders have begun shipping or not--I certainly hope they would at least be on their way by now... I'll post when I get an update.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I just got my shipment notification today. Everyone that placed the original orders should have received a shipment notification or b/o alert yesterday or today from the sounds of it.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

s7714
10-12-2005, 11:56 PM
I received my order today, so here are the measurements from the hats I have in case it helps anyone else with sizing… (These measurements are from me taking a tape measure and going around the inside of the unworn hat, so remember they can stretch larger than the number shown!)

Pink Petal Hat (size 3-6 months) measures about 16� circ.

Raspberry Hat (size 1-2T) measures about 17� circ.

Garden Flowers Hat (size 3T-6) measures about 20 1/2� circ.

I was surprised at how little of a difference there is between the 3-6 month petal hat and the 1-2T raspberry hat, but the raspberry does seem a little “stretchier� than the petal hat. The raspberry is too small for my 2.5yo, but she does have a large head so it doesn’t really surprise me. Actually it does fit her, it just doesn’t come down past her ears. ;) The garden hat fits her nicely. Not as large as the Hanna floppy sunhats I’m used to, but it looks cute. (I’m no expert on head growth, but I have a hard time imagining the hat still fitting a 5-6 year old though!)

I haven’t been able to try the petal hat or raspberry on my 4 month old as she’s been asleep since I got the mail. I’ll try them on her tomorrow and add any further size notes.

ETA: The 3-6 month size Petal hat fits my 4 month old perfectly, with a nice amount of room to grow.

HTH someone!
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

anamika
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Jennifer,
I got my hats too. They're really cute. We already got a lot of attention at our library today.
Thanks,

netarc
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Go our hats too, late last week - good stuff, thank you once again for arranging this GB!