PDA

View Full Version : The Wooden Wagon toy co-op 10/15-11/15

ast96
10-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi all --
I am a longtime member of the BBB and in an effort to get some good prices for Christmas gifts and toys, I organized a co-op (really a group discount) at a wonderful family-owned site called The Wooden Wagon -- thewoodenwagon.com.

The site carries wonderful European wooden toys. My favorites are the Erzzi wooden food (perfect for play kitchens) and the Ostheimer wooden figures. The Ostheimers are really beautiful. They also have Waldorf dolls and such. These toys let your children's imaginations play more than the plastic lights and sounds toys do, and they are truly heirloom quality.

Details:

Site name: thewoodenwagon.com

Dates: October 15-November 15, 2005

Code (to be used at checkout): VGN3BB1005 (10% off any purchase)

It will start to work on the 15th of this month.

Owner Andrea Frost said they have dramatically increased The Wooden Wagon's toy selection in 2005. The owners can always be reached for any questions or requests at [email protected] or toll free at 1 877 885 7502. They have also recently added a great wishlist feature to the site which should make holiday shopping and giving even easier.

They are excited to be working with us and hope this is the first of many co-ops!

eb1
10-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for organizing this. I've been on the site before but never ordered...just might have to now! :)

funda62
10-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow, thank you! Their prices for the wooden baby toys are very good, even cheaper than here in Germany were they are made!

ast96
10-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone! Just bumping this up and reminding you that this is in full swing now -- the code s good until November 15th!

;)

saoirse00
10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I am so excited to see that there is a co-op for this wonderful site. I want to buy my DC a set of Holztiger farm animals, this code is going to make me quit thinking about it and order!! Thanks you so much for setting this up!!

ETA: I just got the nicest email from the owner of wooden wagons toys. I had asked a question about Holztiger (they don't sell) vs Ostheimer (they do sell these) figures. What great customer service!!
Kathryn

DD 12/00
DS 04/03
DD 03/05

Dandelion
10-20-2005, 02:07 PM
This is such a great idea. Thanks so much for setting it up.

I love The Wooden Wagon--I've ordered from them many times and have always had such a positive experience with the owners and their products. Our son is wearing their dragon costume for Halloween and it's the best costume I've ever seen. I think their prices are great, especially considering the quality!

Now I'll be sure to order even more Ostheimer for xmas!

Thanks again,
Amanda

mom to little e
10-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Can you explain briefly what the difference was between the Holtziger and the Ostheimer?

TIA!
Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

saoirse00
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh, I wish that I still had the email they sent me, but I'll try to remember... The Ostheimer figures are done in the Waldorf style. They are created in a way that encourages creative play. They are less literal and more imaginative. Also, the finishes are different, Holztiger are more brightly colored (tiger is bright orange vs. a more watercolored tiger from Ostheimer). For what it's worth, I had just purchased several Holztiger animals, but when my order of Ostheimer animals came yesterday, I packed the Holztigers up to return. I think that they are very rustic looking and very beautiful. Wow...that wasn't very brief was it? Hope that helps,
Kathryn

DD 12/00
DS 04/03
DD 03/05