PDA

View Full Version : Bear Feet Shoes

mykidsmom
02-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Is anyone interested in a Bear Feet Co-op? I have no idea if we can even arrange one, but I love those shoes but can't bring myself to pay $65.00 for them! Does anyone have any connections/contacts to this brand to do a co-op?

To see them, just look at trenditikes.com or search google for Bear Feet Shoes to see the styles. The Flower Power ones are the cutest!!

gelb_girlz
02-18-2006, 05:07 PM
YES! YES! YES! I am soooo interested. I was jsut searching e-bay for them but I won't buy them used b/c they mold to the feet so quickly! Please let me know if you get this going!

Thanks-Marlyn

PS- their minimum is around $700 so we would need a lot of people!

mykidsmom
02-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Marlyn,

How did you find out about their min? Do you happen to know what the co-op price would be or even who to contact at Bear Feet?
Thanks and I'll wait to see how many others are interested.

dilyngray
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I love these shoes too but do not want to pay the price. I would be interested in some depending on the price. Have you seen the double flower power at bestfootforwardllc.com

Krisa
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
I would so so so love to order some of these . . .
However, I have heard through the grapevine that they are really fussy & strict and will only wholesale to B&M stores.
But hopefully they can be convinced to change their ways for a $700+ order - I think we could do it!! - I mean they do want to sell their shoes, don't they?

Marisa6826
02-24-2006, 12:34 AM
There was an attempted Bear Feet co-op about a year ago. It ended up being nothing short of disasterous. No one ended up getting their shoes, and because of the fees associated with delayed refunds from Paypal, some actually got less of a refund than they actually put out. It was protracted over MONTHS because Bear Feet kept stalling over and over again.

Cute as they are, I'd be very hesitant to ever try a co-op with them again. If you really like them, you can usually find them on eBay. Just be aware that their sizes run funny. The closed toe ones are about a size smaller than listed, if I remember correctly.

Do a search in the Lounge or in Reality Layette. You might find the old posts there - I can't remember which Forum it was in..

-m

elle630
02-24-2006, 01:20 PM
count me in! I would be ordering for 2 toddlers....

wrafiehi
02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Count me in for at least 2.
Widad
Mommy to Sophia 03/25/05

OliviasMommy
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
I used to sell BF and followed all their rules, minimums, not selling on Ebay, etc. They were awful to work with when ordering, fired several of their GOOD employees, and got incredibly difficult to deal with. There were several of us gals that had home businesses, sold the shoes and within a few months time they decided to not sell us shoes and just failed to tell us that. Instead they led us on for months saying they were behind, etc. We had done pre-orders, etc. and they still didn't follow through. It was a NIGHTMARE!

If you were going to do a co-op I would actually contact a B&M store and see if they might be able to help you out with that. Thats the only way I see it happening and ending in a positive manner.

mykidsmom
03-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Good to know! Next time I am at a B&M that sells them, I'll ask about it. Maybe others can do the same to see if a B&M store would give a good discount if we arranged enough orders.

dms619
04-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Count me in, too. Probably 2-3 pairs.

Thanks,
Debbie

Bluevie
04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Please Count me in too! I love co-ops :)

Kim

symesa
04-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Another board just (April 06) contacted Bear Feet regarding a coop and here was the VICIOUS response from the OWNER:

"While we appreciate that you love our shoes the answer is no, we do not sell to groups.

No, and here's why we mean Absolutely NO. We support our retailers who work hard for us and fit and service their customers. Retailers pay local taxes that support local schools and communities and have employees whose families they also support. My feeling is that discounting, WalMarts, people looking for the bottom wage and bottom price are destroying manufacturing and locally owned retailers in this country. I am not willing to participate in the race to the bottom. If you want a strong community, you have to be actively willing to support it and pay for it. From my perspective a sale of 600 discounted shoes to a group such as this adds nothing to my world and does much to destroy what is left of it.

Also, to be blunt, if you can't afford a Lexus, you don't belong on the lot no matter how much you might love it's lines."

Additionally, the person called Bear Feet to make sure it was the owner who responded she confirmed it was her and said she was, "tired of all these groups trying to get a discount". When told they thought her response was rude and a simple "no" would have been fine, she would not apologize. Then, when told she had poor customer service. She said, "well look at this customer service," and hung up the person.

Nasty, nasty!

mykidsmom
04-10-2006, 09:44 PM
If that is their attitude, I guess they won't be getting my business! !

dotgirl
04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Poor grammar and poor customer service? Count me out!

swt2th1
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
I also heard about that incident and that is SO rude of the owner! I will not be buying anything from them...

swt2th1
04-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Just to highlight another bad review of this company...

Thanks for sharing your experience!

BarbieSmith
04-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow, I will NEVER order from them. What a haughty attitude. Thank you for posting this, I like to know who I order from.
Barbie

HawkeyeGal
04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Do they not understand that many of us who can/do drive a Lexus still like a good deal? Or that we like to try out things at a discounted price to see if they work or we like it? I'm sure if I had tried them out for my kids we would have loved them and been customers for the next 10 years - at full price. Now I'll never buy them. Oh well - they seem to think they are the only shoe company out there. I have news for them - they aren't. And judging by their customer service they won't be around for long.

calebsmama03
04-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I was just coming here to post about that exchange on the other board. I fully intend to contact them myself to let them know they just lost another customer!
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

kharden
04-11-2006, 10:16 AM
I find her attitude very disturbing. She certainly has a right to her opinion but as a business owner she certainly should understand that she needs to express herself more diplomatically. The fact that she doesn't leaves a lot to be desired. SO, no Bear Feet shoes for Meredith...but who really cares when you have a closet full of See Kai Run, Pedipeds, Pedoodles, Wiggee's, Jack & Lily's, etc?

manatee
04-13-2006, 06:00 PM
I will never buy Bear Feet shoes, ever!