PDA

View Full Version : The Waldorf Doll co-op is going on right now! JOIN US!

kristenk
03-04-2006, 10:35 PM
The co-op started yesterday and will last for 3 weeks. Want 20% off a custom Waldorf doll? Come join us! :)

Other items are also discounted.

------------------------------------------------
The Yahoo group is still open if you're interested in buying a doll from Joy's Waldorf Dolls through the co-op!

Join us:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBWaldorfDollCoop/join

Please include your BBB id with your request to join. I started a really rough database in the group so that we can try to see what people are interested in purchasing. Please fill it out and we'll go from there! Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------
This is just a post to gauge interest. If there's enough interest, we'll go from there!

This would be a co-op with Joy's Waldorf Dolls. It would start after the new line of clothes and other new things are up on the website. The new things should be up in a couple of weeks, so we'd have a start time sometime after that. The co-op would last for 3 weeks.

Joy's Waldorf Dolls website is www.joyswaldorfdolls.com

Discounts would be as follows:

Dolls - 10% off of 10 of the same kind (10 Bunting Babies, 10 Bright Eyes Babies...) *or* 10% off any assortment of dolls on a $500 minimum order (after the discount) *or* 20% off any assortment of dolls on a $1000 minimum order (after the discount)

Doll Kits: 15% off retail of any assorted styles of 6 Kits *or* 20% off on a $1000 minimum order (after the discount)

Supplies: 15% off retail of supplies of each category ( e.g. 6 assorted doll slings, 6 hanger sets, 6 doll hairbrushes, 6 Stuffing Tools, 6 Craft threads, 6 pounds of wool, 6 full yds doll skin - assorted colors, 6 full yds Velour - assorted colors, 6 Pre-made wigs - assorted styles,colors and sizes, 6 Pre-sewn bodies - assorted colors and sizes, 6 Pre-made heads - assorted sizes, 6 yds tubular stockinette - assorted sizes, etc.)

Doll Clothes: 15% off retail of 6 Clothes in grouped styles and assorted sizes (e.g. 6 socks, 6 shoes, 6 diapers, 6 underwear sets - assorted sizes, 6 pantaloons, 6 assorted from this group: dresses, overall sets, pant sets, layette sets, sleepers, nightwear)

Baskets: 15% off retail of 6 Moses Baskets, 6 Carrying baskets, 6 Doll carriages (when available)

Patterns: 15% off retail of any assortment of 6 Patterns

Note that custom dolls are estimated to take 4-6 weeks.

Soooooo, is anyone interested? If so, what are you thinking about buying? Please post what items you're interested in purchasing and if it looks like we have enough for a group order, I'll set up a yahoo group for us.

Please remember that the co-op is just a possibility at this point! If you have any co-op related questions, please post them here and I'll try to gather questions together and ask Joy all of the questions at one time so that she's not answering the same question multiple times.

(This is my first time trying to organize a co-op, so please be patient with me!) :)

Thanks!

kristenk
03-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I'll go first!

I'm interested in:

- 13" Little Love girl doll and I'll most likely be buying one whether we have a 10% or 20% discount.

- 1 or 2 sets of doll clothing (most likely 1 dress and 1 ballerina costume)

kharden
03-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I may be interested, but I need more info on these if you can. I checked them out the last time there was a co-op going on (awhile back and my daughter is only 9 months old now). What is the main reason people choose waldorf dolls over, say, American girl or Corolle? What makes these dolls so expensive (besides the customization option)? I really appreciate any insights anyone may have!

Stacie

punrocker
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Stacie,

You might find this thread useful:

"Reasons for a Waldorf doll"
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=31266&mode=full

Also, the Waldorf Homeschoolers site mentioned in that thread has a page on Waldorf dolls:
http://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/waldorfdolls.htm

HTH! If you want even more info, there are lots of other threads in the "Around the House" forum--just do an advanced search for "Waldorf" and "doll" together. :)

punrocker
03-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Oops, double post!

punrocker
03-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for trying to set up a co-op!

I'd be interested in a Little Love (boy) doll kit, with a pre-made wig, pre-made head, and pre-sewn body.

Maybe some pajamas, underwear, or shoes and socks.

EDITED 3/9/06 - Looks like most people are interested in finished custom dolls, rather than kits. I'd consider a custom Little Love boy doll, instead of a doll kit, if the discount were 20%! Otherwise, I'd probably buy the doll kit full price, and perhaps just get some doll clothing through the co-op. :)

kharden
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Thank you so much!

kristenk
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for posting those links!

annasmom
03-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Kristen,

First, thanks for organizing this. I have a question, are the custom dolls included in the discount, and if so, what is the discount?? Also, let me see if I have this right. The more dolls we purchase, the greater the discount?? For example, if we purchase $1000 worth of dolls (after the 10% discount) the discount then becomes 20% off the remaining orders, or previously made orders as well? Thanks again!

kristenk
03-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Eileen,

Sorry I didn't explain the discount too well! Yes, the custom dolls are included in the discount. I think it boils down to, if we buy about $555-worth of custom dolls *before the discount*, we'll get a 10% discount on dolls. If we buy $1250-worth of dolls *before the discount*, we'll get a 20% discount. All of the people ordering custom dolls will get the same discount. Whether the discount is 10% or 20% depends on the $-value of custom dolls that we order. Did that make sense?

I'm getting a little worried that we don't have enough interest for a co-op at all! I know that this post has had lots of views, but not many people are saying that they want to buy. The good news is that there's flexibility with the co-op dates. We could always delay it for another couple of months and see if more people want to participate then.

annasmom
03-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Kristen, that makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing it up for me. I posted a similar post a while back (but I didn't have a retailer & Joy was still out of commission), just to gauge interest. I got a few responses, maybe 4-5. I don't know if there is generally low interest, if everyone on these boards who wants one has already purchased one through previous coops, or it is the time of year. I would give it a while longer though. I don't think the co-op board is the most widely viewed. Maybe we should bump the post in Around the House.

Oh, I almost forgot, I would definitely be interested in at least one custom doll. Thanks again!

lvales
03-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I would be interested if it was held at a later date. I just don't have the budget for a $100 doll at this point - but I could work it out later in the year.

I know that's not much help for right now, but in case there's not enough interest to have one now I wanted to be on the list for later! :)

mom to little e
03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
I would also be interested in a 13" Little Love girl doll and 1 or 2 sets of doll clothing.

Maryann

Ean 11/03
Mia 01/06

kristenk
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
How much later in the year would work for you?

I'm honestly okay with delaying the co-op for however long works for most people. I won't be giving the doll to my DD until at least August, but it could be for her 3rd birthday in February '07! Joy wanted to have the co-op finished by mid-August, so that would mean that it could *start* no later than mid/end July. (Does that make sense?) That's pretty much the only deadline we have. (I'd prefer to do it earlier in the year, but would be more than okay with waiting until May or so - or later if it would mean a 20% discount instead of a 10% discount!)

annasmom
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Kristen, Just my 2 cents. I was not planning on giving my dc the dolls until August or September, so I could definitely wait too.

kristenk
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm glad delaying works for you, too! Maybe more people would be interested if we delay a couple of months? Joy said that new clothes would be coming out soon, so maybe that will push people over the age?!

npace19147
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm interested, but can't decide what I want to get! :) Definitely a doll, just not sure which one.

DD's birthday is in May and I'd like to have it by then, so if the coop happens later I'll probably go ahead and <gulp> order it full price. In which case, I might be up for some accessories or something through the coop.

Possibly not terribly helpful here... ;)

kharden
03-07-2006, 08:32 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. My daughters birthday is June 7th, and I'm interested in a doll. I just don't know what yet. If the co-op goes any later then I may consider something for Christmas...I'll just wait and see what happens here.

Stacie

lvales
03-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, DD's 2nd Bday is 2 weeks before Christmas - so July would be fine. Since the two are so close together I'll be trying to spread out the spending :)

And I really want to get her one of these for her 2nd birthday!

jestagrl79
03-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I am interested, I just need to look at the site some more. As for the co-op forum, I didn't even know it existed until today. Maybe we can get it moved to the top of the page??

Megs

calebsmama03
03-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm interested in a doll kit. I
'm a bit confused though - does the $1000 minimum purchase total include dolls and kits, or would we need $1000 of custom dolls, PLUS $1000 of doll kits to get the discount?
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

kristenk
03-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Lynne,

The doll kit discount is in a fuzzy area. When I asked about a co-op, Joy referred me to the group discount page on her site to get info on % discounts, etc. The 15% off when the group buys 6 kits came from her site. When I asked if we could get a higher discount if we spent more, she said we could get 20% off dolls if we purchased $1000 pre-discount. She also said 20% off doll kits if we purchased $1000-worth (pre-discount) of kits. I was going to clarify with Joy after I figured out if we had enough interest for a group order, because there's not a big difference between the discount (15% vs. 20%), but the dollar value between 6 kits and $1000-worth of kits is enormous.

jestagrl79
03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I would also be interested in a kit, and some clothes patterns. :-)

Meg

sc
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I am interested in 2 16" dolls & 1 basket if the discount is 20% off.

Susan

calebsmama03
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks! I'm likely in either way - just wanted to clarify. I love the idea of making my daughter's first doll :)
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

teddy
03-11-2006, 01:20 AM
I'd be interested in buying 2 custom dolls if the price were right. Not sure yet which ones, though. Thanks for organizing.

teddy
03-11-2006, 01:21 AM
I'd be interested in buying 2 custom dolls if the price were right. Not sure yet which ones, though. Thanks for organizing.

Ethans mum
03-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi, I would be interested in getting the 16" button child (boy) kit. Thanks!

Ivy

punrocker
03-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Looks like some new doll clothing has been added to the website. I didn't look at everything, but there were 2 new dresses. Plus, the Little Love dolls are now clad in velour outfits (instead of the same clothes as the Button and Honey dolls):

http://www.joyswaldorfdolls.com/images/dolls/custom/2006_Image_Updates/Little-Loves-2006-Velour.jpg

kristenk
03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I promise I haven't forgotten about this! I've been sort of waiting until Joy posted the new clothes. I'm not sure if any other outfits will be posted or not. I'll try to email her later today and will let everyone know what I find out.

So far, it looks like people are interested in ROUGHLY:

9 dolls
2 kits
5 outfits
1 basket

That could be close to the 20% discount level on the dolls and 15% on clothes (depending on what types of clothes people want to order). We're still pretty far away on kits and baskets.

I started a yahoo group so we can start figuring out some of the co-op logistics, like when it will start, and also to really determine if we have enough interest. If you're interested in joining the yahoo group, click here:

Please include your BBB id with your request to join. I started a really rough database in the group so that we can try to see what people are interested in purchasing. Please fill it out and we'll go from there! Thanks!

kristenk
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
If you mentioned that you were interested in the co-op, but hadn't already joined the Yahoo! group, I just sent you an email message about the group. I know that the co-op forum isn't the most widely visited and things haven't really been jumping with the doll co=op lately, so I thought some people probably missed the post with the yahoo group info.

If you're interested in the co-op, please join the yahoo group so we can figure out details, etc. Thanks!

Edited to add: I tried to send messages out to everyone, but I may have missed some people. Sorry about that! Just click on the link above to join the group.

punrocker
03-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for setting up the Yahoo Group, Kristen! Are there any prerequisites for joining (e.g., minimum no. of posts)?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I have been meaning to post a picture of the Joy's button baby we just got. She has the mohair pigtails (which do not show up very well here but are so cute). Also got the pink pajamas. They did a nice job.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/goodtastenomoney/IMG_1118.jpg

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

kristenk
03-28-2006, 09:49 PM
There aren't any prerequisites for joining the group. The orders will go through Joy, so I don't feel a need to have a history with the co-op members, if that makes sense! Everyone's welcome!

kristenk
03-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Susan, the doll is wonderful! I got a kit from Joy through a prior co-op, but I think I'm going to have Joy make my (uh, DD's) doll this time around.

punrocker
03-29-2006, 10:24 AM
She is adorable! I love the pigtails. I have to keep reminding myself that this doll is for DS, or else our Little Love might end up with pigtails, too. ;)

Susan, does your doll have the brunette hair, BTW? That's the shade I'm interested in, since DS (who is biracial) has hair that's somewhere between DH's brown and my black.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Yes brown hair and eyes, if I had to do it again I would have gotten samples of the skin tones beforehand. I ordered golden but it looks way peachy to my eye. HTH.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

mik8
04-10-2006, 03:27 PM
First of all, I'd like to thank Kristen for taking the initiative to do this. Your efforts are appreciated since I'm sure it entails setting aside some of your time to follow-up on this. I have heard about Waldorf dolls in the past (actually passed up on the last Waldorf coop) and honestly, I couldn't quite figure out the pricey $$$ associated with a custom one. So I have been contemplating and also setting aside money for this for quite a while now. I have decided to get one if this coop will materialize for my toddler. Wish I'd done it earlier though. For those who are still on the fence, this link "might" help shed some info. about Waldorf dolls.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=376230

punrocker
04-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Susan, belated thanks for the info! Based on your reply, I decided to order the skin tone and yarn sample card from Joy's, and it arrived today. I'm glad I did, because the brunette mohair is still lighter than DS's hair. I guess he's somewhere between brunette and black, so I'll probably go with black (too bad Joy doesn't offer two-toned hair like Where's Waldorf, although the print catalog does have multi-colored dreds). The organic tan skin tone was more like my complexion than DS's, but it's close enough to satisfy me. :)

mik8
04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi, Susan. Thanks for posting a pic of your Waldorf doll. Cute! Like you, I got to have those pigtails too! This is really bad. I mean, how could I be so hung up on that detail when there are other much more important things in life? Do you have the 14" or 16"? Also, can the doll sit independently? Dolly HAS to sit by my DD during her parties. ;)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
04-13-2006, 06:55 AM
16 inch and yes she can sit independently ( though not really easily) you must postition her just so.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

mik8
04-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Thank you!

kristenk
04-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Bump!

annasmom
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
If you are interested follow the link in the very first post in this thread to join the yahoo group!!

annasmom
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
double post!